• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any suggestions for long distance benchrest spotting range optics.

A drone. You can get a drone with great clarity for way less than what you'd pay for glass. If it's feasible at your range, set a place to park it where the camera can see the target, and the battery will last a very long time, if not spinning the props. There's also a range cam thing that works the same way, but is way overpriced.

A drone. You can get a drone with great clarity for way less than what you'd pay for glass. If it's feasible at your range, set a place to park it where the camera can see the target, and the battery will last a very long time, if not spinning the props. There's also a range cam thing that works the same way, but is way overpriced.
Certainly fun to do every now and then, but not the most practical and a lot of places won't allow it. Not to mention, do you really want to put your expensive drone downrange to potentially have someone else shoot it?

Certainly fun to do every now and then, but not the most practical and a lot of places won't allow it. Not to mention, do you really want to put your expensive drone downrange to potentially have someone else shoot it?
Drone target practice, lol. I'd think it would need to be fairly close to see the bullet holes. I've never flown one before, but have a friend who races them for sport in Italy.

It is a cool idea though, if allowed. In any case, will scopes reach out clearly at 1000 yards?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Drone target practice, lol. I'd think it would need to be fairly close to see the bullet holes. I've never flown one before, but have a friend who races them for sport in Italy.

It is a cool idea though, if allowed. In any case, will scopes reach out clearly at 1000 yards?

Bullet holes are difficult to see. I've used my Mavic pro to watch hits on steel (not that I couldn't already see or hear it) just for fun. The Mavic has a great camera on it and the transmission back to your phone/tablet is excellent, but you would need to get it too close for my comfort to see small homes in paper. Can't imagine trying to do it with a cheaper drone.

Bullet holes are difficult to see. I've used my Mavic pro to watch hits on steel (not that I couldn't already see or hear it) just for fun. The Mavic has a great camera on it and the transmission back to your phone/tablet is excellent, but you would need to get it too close for my comfort to see small homes in paper. Can't imagine trying to do it with a cheaper drone.
I've never shot out at 1k before, so I'm only assuming you can set up paper targets. You think there could be any way to set up a protective cover for a camera or drone to sit?

I've never shot out at 1k before, so I'm only assuming you can set up paper targets. You think there could be any way to set up a protective cover for a camera or drone to sit?

Behind Ar500 steel. But I would only shoot at paper. Splash off steel targets could kill the drone if hit just right, and could certainly kill the camera

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah very true. I like the idea of a digital camera or drone for a number of reasons. I'd prefer paper, and having a running download to be able see online, if that's even possible, would be great. I watched a youtube of a guy shooting 1k with a camera nearby, so he had found a way to save the footage.

Back
Top Bottom