• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any T/C Contender or Encore fans?

buetang

Default rank <1250 posts
Sexual Tyrannosaurus
89   0
Reaction score
Building my first one. Still waiting on my .357 Max MGM barrel.

It will be a suppressor host, figured a 3 caliber option barrel would be a good way to go. Might do a 300 blk and a .22lr later on.

If you haven't tried it.. .38spl is an awesome suppressor round :D

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 21
I'm more a G1 Contender fan than the G2... There are screws to take up creep and over-travel and you can cut/replace the spring to get it exactly where you want it

I have a G1 with several bbls ..... Among my favs are the 22Jet and the .223 bbls.

I have never had anything suppressed, nor shot a suppressed gun before. Ive been shooting/collecting for 40+yrs.
The idea of a suppressed .38 is interesting to me. I have one of the .357 bbls with the shot choke ..... Its a hoot to shoot too!

Heck, i guess i like them all. Then again, who dosent? Lol

I had a Contender 30+ years ago and used to hunt exclusively with one wearing a 14" 7x30 Waters and Leupold 4x. Super accurate. From a rest I could out shoot all my buddies and their rifles. Also had a 22LR and 30-30 barrel. Also, unbelievably accurate. Used to read a lot of the stuff from old JD Jones at the time and lust over his various wildcat chamberings.
Recently purchased another G1 after having my mind on getting another for many years. This has the 45 LC barrel, but I'm trying to decide what caliber I want to get for it (aside from another 22).

I have a G1 with several bbls ..... Among my favs are the 22Jet and the .223 bbls.

I have never had anything suppressed, nor shot a suppressed gun before. Ive been shooting/collecting for 40+yrs.
The idea of a suppressed .38 is interesting to me. I have one of the .357 bbls with the shot choke ..... Its a hoot to shoot too!

Heck, i guess i like them all. Then again, who dosent? Lol

This will give you an idea, this is an old 60's Rossi .357, cut down to 16.5" slinging some .38spl out of a Liberty Mystic-X suppressor. Should be even better out of the Contender.

Much quieter in person. Come see me/us at Quiet Riot Firearms in McDonough if you want to check out some cans in person! When you put a can on one, its like you felt the first time you shot a gun. Just kinda makes it new again.. Its also made it 'fun again' in a way, from a build stand point. I'd never have even looked at a contender, until I thought about putting a can on one. Next project is an integral bolt action :)

https://plus.google.com/114513763282038816830/posts/8jGoXzrucbd

I have a pro hunter with a endeavor 50 cal ml barrel, a 28" 308 barrel and recently bought a katahdin 45-70 barrel. I love this platform and can't wait to add to the caliber list. I've found TC to be lacking in customer service when called but their products are top of the line and crazy accurate. I'm considering adding a g2 to my collection because you can no longer get rim fire in the pro hunter line.

I have a pro hunter with a endeavor 50 cal ml barrel, a 28" 308 barrel and recently bought a katahdin 45-70 barrel. I love this platform and can't wait to add to the caliber list. I've found TC to be lacking in customer service when called but their products are top of the line and crazy accurate. I'm considering adding a g2 to my collection because you can no longer get rim fire in the pro hunter line.

Yeah, I've heard since S&W acquired them.. they've more than lost their "mom and pop" touch.. not to mention the loss of their custom shop. Kind of a shame, especially since I'm late to the party on TC's in general.

Thats cool ! Sounds like the action of the lever is louder than the actual shot.... Also seems to be quieter on third shot than first. Which i know the cans do work better after "warm up" , so ive been told.

Thanks for the vid and the offer to come down, i may take you up on that when finances get better aligned.

A suppressed Contender sounds like a fun idea!
On the other end of the spectrum....one of the reasons i like the .223 bbl so much is the fireball and "thump" i get when shooting the military surplus rounds.

Thats cool ! Sounds like the action of the lever is louder than the actual shot.... Also seems to be quieter on third shot than first. Which i know the cans do work better after "warm up" , so ive been told.

Thanks for the vid and the offer to come down, i may take you up on that when finances get better aligned.

A suppressed Contender sounds like a fun idea!
On the other end of the spectrum....one of the reasons i like the .223 bbl so much is the fireball and "thump" i get when shooting the military surplus rounds.

No problem man, I'll have some of the TC once I get the barrel in.

The action is for sure louder than the report. Its louder on my porch vs an open space too.. just because its surrounding me with echo.

The boomers are fun, my first experience with a TC gun was a 10 or 12" JDC HOOOT round of some sort, I forget the caliber. Same guy who let me try that out, sold me this G2 frame.

*edit: Just asked him.. it was a 6.5 JDJ. Pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom