• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any (trail) runners? Maybe some of you run and gun guys?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I desperately need motivation so I'm signing up. http://www.dirtyspokes.com/little-mulberry-park/
I haven't been running, at all, in forever. But I literally have no excuses. I've done quite a few road races in other life but never a trail run. I may wind up doing this one cold but I'm going to do it.
Any interested?

Yup
Trail running is not bad. Also done a couple ultras on trails and mountains. But can’t stand the road.
I thought maybe that was it Mulberry gap and maybe I would go, but looks like a different Mulberry.

Congrats to you for getting out. Take it easy. Ligaments and tendons build slower than muscles, so it’s easy to build strength and then pull something. Takes a little time to get back into it.

That running course is very doable if your not a trail runner for the the shorter race. The short race is mostly on the pasture grass at the top of the hill. The longer race adds on the horse trail down and up the biggest hill they have there. You should go there and run/walk the horse trail to a get a feel which race to enter. I've ran at Little Mulberry park many times and have done several Dirty Spokes races and they put on a good race.

That running course is very doable if your not a trail runner for the the shorter race. The short race is mostly on the pasture grass at the top of the hill. The longer race adds on the horse trail down and up the biggest hill they have there. You should go there and run/walk the horse trail to a get a feel which race to enter. I've ran at Little Mulberry park many times and have done several Dirty Spokes races and they put on a good race.
Lol. I don't need to. I'll be running the SHORT one. :)

Trail running is great. Beats the road any day. I am 79 and run trails in Rabun County about 5 times a week depending on weather. I don't run fast and usually limit myself to 3 or 4 miles per run, but is is a super time, especially now that the leaves are turning.:D
Much respect sir. :yo:

Back
Top Bottom