• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any use for spent primers?

I have about 20 pounds....planned on taking it to the scrap/recycle company, and take whatever they give me for them. I go there quite a bit for any type of metal disposal. They do not pay much these days, but are closer to me than the dump, and always free of charge.
I would have thought them to refuse primers due to contaminants.

What to do with spent (used) primers?
1-- sprinkle them on cupcakes.
2-- garnish your salads with them --they'll add a shiny sparkle and give your salad some crunch!
3-- when you have saved 2 gallons of them, pour them in a rectangular tray and use that as a cat litter box.
4-- Substitute them for #4 bird shot in your 12 gauge shotshells!

If ya got a 2 or 3" pipe, about 4 ft long, shove one end in the ground with open end pointed at target/ememy/entranceway/etc, run a fuse down to bottom with about 5ft extra, pour in 1 can XXXF, a couple Lbs of spent primers, and ya have a black powder claymore, guaranteed to stop whatever was in front of it.

I have about 20 pounds....planned on taking it to the scrap/recycle company, and take whatever they give me for them. I go there quite a bit for any type of metal disposal. They do not pay much these days, but are closer to me than the dump, and always free of charge.

I would have thought them to refuse primers due to contaminants.

I used to have buckets of spent primers, and some of my shotgun buddies had 5 gallon buckets full. Scrap yards wouldn't take them because of risk of unfired primers.

May be different now.

We usually just "disappeared" them. Unless you have a home foundry, just don't know a use for them.

Back
Top Bottom