• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any use for spent primers?

4-- Substitute them for #4 bird shot in your 12 gauge shotshells!
I'm fairly certain this is a joke, but - true story - I tried this once. Shot a round of skeet with nothing but spent primers. Missed every bird. Not sure if it was down to the primers not being aerodynamic enough and flying all over the place, or being too light or whatever, but yeah...tried it. Didn't work.

I'm fairly certain this is a joke, but - true story - I tried this once. Shot a round of skeet with nothing but spent primers. Missed every bird. Not sure if it was down to the primers not being aerodynamic enough and flying all over the place, or being too light or whatever, but yeah...tried it. Didn't work.
Too light I guess.

If you have a home furnace you could melt them and pour into molds. Make a shiny brass something. Just make sure they are all dead primers. I imagine a splody one in molten copper would be...un-fun.

I have about 20 pounds....planned on taking it to the scrap/recycle company, and take whatever they give me for them. I go there quite a bit for any type of metal disposal. They do not pay much these days, but are closer to me than the dump, and always free of charge.
.10cent a hundred pounds.

Spent primers are made of brass. A lot of recyclers won't take them. However, there are some that do. One in the Macon area is Aluminum recycling in Warner Robins. I cashed in over 300 lbs last year there. Going price right now is $1.05 per lb. Take the primers and any scrap brass to them and have a good lunch after.

Newnan Salvage paid me 75 cents/pound. I just got home ...
After 20 years, I had 29 pounds.

The wife and are going out for a big night!

After 20 years, you should take your wife out to a dinner that averages $11 per meal.
Maybe Chick-Fil-A, supersized and with a milkshake?
Golden Corral (but only before 5 pm and with a senior discount)?

I saw a young guy make some pretty powerful primers from beer cans and two different types of cap gun caps. He reused the anvil out of spent primers to do it. He made 10 to 15 of them and they worked 100 %
He said he learned it on youtube

Back
Top Bottom