• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any USPS Employees? I Have a Serious Question

Vincent Vega

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
437   0
Reaction score
I mailed a package on December 31st from Alpharetta, GA bound for Carrollton, GA. Why in the world would my package go to Florida first? See tracking history below. And no it still hasn't made it to Carrollton. Not trying to knock the system but does this process make sense?

January 5, 2019, 3:10 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
ATLANTA GA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in ATLANTA GA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 5, 2019 at 3:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

January 5, 2019, 12:18 pm
MACON GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

January 5, 2019, 5:21 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 4, 2019, 9:43 pm
YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 4, 2019
In Transit to Next Facility

January 1, 2019, 2:43 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 1, 2019, 2:33 am
ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 31, 2018, 6:03 pm
Departed Post Office
ALPHARETTA, GA 30005

December 31, 2018, 2:52 pm
USPS in possession of item
ALPHARETTA, GA 30005

If you have the same carrier as me, he’s a senile old ba$turd who probably forgot to deliver your package, threw it in his car when he got back after his daily delivery to avoid getting caught with undelivered post...again. Then he went on vacation in Florida for a week with his wife. It’ll get to you...eventually. If he ever remembers to look in the backseat with all the other packages he’s forgotten to deliver.

Simply got misrouted.

Happens from time to time. Next (wrong) location gets it, scans it, sends it back on its way to propper zip code.

I'm not USPS, just a frequent customer who's had this happen a couple occasions

b816f93007772ce3a7e88f58ebc70172.jpg

Simply got misrouted.

Happens from time to time. Next (wrong) location gets it, scans it, sends it back on its way to propper zip code.

I'm not USPS, just a frequent customer who's had this happen a couple occasions

Ok thanks. I've been really pleased with their service over the years as well but it just amazed me that in this case it went all the way to Tampa (Ybor City) before getting boomeranged back to GA.

I use to sell on ebay a while back and when I printed an label off of their system quite often the packages would go thru FL even though they were headed north or west. When I stopped that and did my own labels I never had it happen once. I did have a package from CO to here stopped in St. Louis for 3 weeks once, seems that the box once held drugs and it set off something that they wanted to investigate. Box held 20 M1 carbine hand guards and 10 30 round carbine magazines which I am sure was strange by themselves. After the inspector called (phone) me for an interview they sent it on finally.

I bought a Hogue 10/22 stock on ebay from a seller in CT. Got it fine, but it didn't fit me at all, couldn't see the sights, so I returned it to seller, bought insurance on it. Dumbasses at USPS sent it to the wrong address.....I should have checked my receipt....even though I had addressed it correctly. Bottom line...got to CT on return, but never to the seller, filing an insurance claim was a nightmare, no results, all the meantime the 30 day to return for a full refund is running. Should have kept the stock in GA and sold it here for a loss. Bottom line is lost about $120, stock and postage AND INSURANCE. Never again will use USPS for anything other than a letter.

Postmaster was no help at all....like "hey, you ****ed up, you trusted us."

Back
Top Bottom