• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Volvo Techs around here?

I had a 240 GLT turbo coupe in the early 80s and a 240 GL sedan in the 90s. Horrible AC on both. The Swedes didn't value or need it at home. But the Brick was the pinnacle of Volvo craftsmanship. After they were discontinued, and then later Ford incorporated their engineering, the brand became a sketchy import. They're now owned by Geely, a Chinese conglomerate.

I agree with letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar about the Bertone. I'd love to have a 262C model.

Oh absolutely. I've been reading about cars since I was a preteen and paying close attention to most brands. Volvo had THE reputation for safety before any other brand even thought about it. I still want a 242 coupe or the Bertone coupe that looked like a 2r2 with a chopped top. Or the 7 series Bertone coupe from 89 or 90ish. But again I LOVE boxy coupes.

I bought a Bertone from a dealer in Charleston. It was used and started falling apart the weekend I bought it. Suspension was lower on oneside and when I turned the high beams on a puff of smoke came out of the steering column. Took it back. My 87 240 GL was a nice car. All leather interior and comfortable. I like them.

I bought a Bertone from a dealer in Charleston. It was used and started falling apart the weekend I bought it. Suspension was lower on oneside and when I turned the high beams on a puff of smoke came out of the steering column. Took it back. My 87 240 GL was a nice car. All leather interior and comfortable. I like them.
The original Bertone coupe models had Peugeot engines which was a big take away. But for many years now there's been a kit for a small block swap into any Brick model. I bought a 79 242 GT model out of a guy's yard in Byron back around 08 but I could never get it running. It had the same damn Bosch fuel injection older VWs had and once it sits up for an extended period it's all over with.

This thread needs pictures. 1979 Volvo 262C Bertone, $10,900, 138,295 miles, Just broken in. :lol:

7846136-1979-volvo-262c-std.jpg

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/988035/1979-volvo-262c-for-sale-in-kentwood-michigan-49512

Back
Top Bottom