• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any woodworkers building bat houses?

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Wanting about 5 bat houses to hang up around the property if anyone is building them. I just started doing some research and know they should be 24” high x 16” wide. Would prefer them made from cedar or other non quick rotting wood. Let me know what you have w/ price please.

Here are two for 29 bucks?
Screenshot_20220305-104005_Chrome.jpg

Wanting about 5 bat houses to hang up around the property if anyone is building them. I just started doing some research and know they should be 24” high x 16” wide. Would prefer them made from cedar or other non quick rotting wood. Let me know what you have w/ price please.

I remember seeing plans for them that worked with available precut wood sizes at Lowes/Home depot and a pack of screws. I think it required two cuts, one to cut the top piece in half and another for the off cut to make the diagonal sides. Both could be made with a jigsaw or even a handsaw if that's what you have.

Bat houses that size will be expensive. You can make your own pretty simply and cheaper using cedar fence boards. Not that difficult, but are somewhat labor intensive, thus the high price.

Bat houses that size will be expensive. You can make your own pretty simply and cheaper using cedar fence boards. Not that difficult, but are somewhat labor intensive, thus the high price.
I am unable to make them. Health issues...

Back
Top Bottom