• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody Been to the Clybel Range Lately?

guitarded_1

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
18   0
Reaction score
Supposedly it re-opened on Aug 2nd. Has anyone been to the rifle range? I have heard some rumors about the new format, but I was curious whether anyone has been out there yet to lay eyes on it.

In for answers.

Can't believe they would use electronic scoring with general public.

Taking bets on how long before all the sensors are shot up...
Totally agree. The other thing that leaves me scratching my head is why they invested all of that time and money into an electronic scoring system for a 100-yard rifle range. I mean, 100 yards is a chip shot for a centerfire rifle. I would normally expect to see an electronic scoring system on a much longer range.

In for answers.

Can't believe they would use electronic scoring with general public.

Taking bets on how long before all the sensors are shot up...
How long? Hmm..... let's see. I'll bet it's destroyed and out of service within 3 months at the most. 90% of "gun owners" and/or "shooters" can't shoot worth a shyte.

My understanding of the electronic scoring on the 100 rifle and steel reactives on the new 25 pistol is all about the safety aspect.
Totally agree. The other thing that leaves me scratching my head is why they invested all of that time and money into an electronic scoring system for a 100-yard rifle range. I mean, 100 yards is a chip shot for a centerfire rifle. I would normally expect to see an electronic scoring system on a much longer range.

No more trespassing past the firing line will be allowed. So, leave your paper targets at home.

I just hope the sensors are protected somehow. Otherwise, yeah, out of commission within 3 months like palmettomoon palmettomoon said...

Steel on the pistol range...daddy likey!

Back
Top Bottom