• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody carry a PMR30 for self defense?

That YouTube jerk off called The Yankee Marshal really hates them. Granted he talks **** about every Kel Tec model. But he acts like the PMR 30 is the worst thing he's ever seen.
But again he's a very opinionated jerk off.
I liked the idea of a pistol with a flush fitting 30 round mag as soon as I saw it. I think it was originally marketed as a survivalist type pistol. I can see how it would be a handy sidearm for in the woods.

That’s a huge problem nowadays. Folks get a gun, oftentimes not the best option available when so many affordable options ARE readily available, shove it in their pocket, and THINK they’re good to go. They have a level of readiness they invented themselves, with nothing to support or back their criteria, but think that just because they HAVE a gun they are prepared. SMGDMFH

Mindset is where it starts. Humans were the top predator loooooong before the firearm was invented. I travel overseas once a week. Once I’m there, I’m disarmed and cut loose. Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Central and South America, etc. Taking away my firearm doesn’t make me unable to defend myself, or make me useless. I still have my Mindset and Awareness.

“The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

I love my PMR's, but they are awful with a can. Metric ton of crap from the ejection with a can.

As a lefty, it is un shootable with a can for me. One of the few pistols I shoot regularly un suppressed.

That YouTube jerk off called The Yankee Marshal really hates them. Granted he talks **** about every Kel Tec model. But he acts like the PMR 30 is the worst thing he's ever seen.
But again he's a very opinionated jerk off.
I liked the idea of a pistol with a flush fitting 30 round mag as soon as I saw it. I think it was originally marketed as a survivalist type pistol. I can see how it would be a handy sidearm for in the woods.
I've put 500 rounds through mine with one failure. The round had a plastic point on the end and I didn't have it seated properly in the mag. Don't know how well it will hold up long term, but this handgun makes a lot of others out there obsolete.

Situationally, It can be a great carry gun.
Lets weigh Pros and Cons

Pros
It weighs 4oz more than my wifes 380 unloaded, but loaded they're almost identical even though the pmr gives 20+ more rounds

The Damn Things accurate, I have shot Raccoons out of trees at 80 yds with my pmr30, with and without a red dot mounted. After chasing the dogs to find it so my fat a$$ was winded and isnt the best shot to start with

From the perspective of a small game guy, 22 mag does work. It is a deadly round and a 22mag hp out of a pistol will cause some devastation, I would not hesitate touting its defensive abilities. If it will kill a raccoon, it will kill a human, raccoons are way tougher than we are.

This gun is an absolute powerhouse if you're hiking and want something light with enough ammo to secure you food and protect yourself, The gun, 2 mags, which is 60 rounds of ammo will weigh less that just a 50rd box of 9mm

Cons
It is roughly the same size as my 1911, although it weighs 1/8th of my 1911

It does prefer heavy ammo, 40 grain 1875 fps hp from cci is what mine prefers

Mine has Jammed, But if the mags are loaded correctly and you're using quality ammo that is a non issue and can happen even with Centerfires, don't kid yourself.

Summation

I do carry it sometimes, depending upon what I'm doing, in my shirt holster it melts and you forget its there

I also carry a keltec p17(in my waistband currently) with 40grn velocitors and an xds 45

Rimfires of today are an acceptable carry option, and to the guys offering the class, Im too lazy to take it, but I'm more than happy to loan my pistol and half the ammo with you if you wanna be impressed

Back
Top Bottom