• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody carry a PMR30 for self defense?

I have 4 of these guns, several had issues when new, I have fluffed and buffed them all.

After 100 rounds or so, all function reliably. I do CCI Maxi Mags HP and the Winchester Super X HP only.

Three have around 500 rounds fired and are completely trustworthy. I do use the loader to ensure I have the mags loaded correctly.

Yes mine is VERY accurate and def gives off a huge boom and muzzle flash. Always draws looks and questions at the range. The slide is very easy to rack and mine prefers the Hornady 30gr Vmax bullet. I have put over 500 rounds through mine and still get the very rare but occasional jam or FTE. Problem is the issues are rarely easy to clear and usually require dropping the magazine. Not something the usual tap, rack, bang will fix. Because if you just try to rack the slide to clear the hangup and it doesnt clear then the next round tries to feed and with the way these magazines are designed you get a even nastier jam.

Like I said, very fun range toy but not something I would trust my life with.

It's not reliable enough. If you want a light .22 caliber to attempt to defend your life with, buy a FN Five-Seven. Either way, a .22 pistol is a terrible defense weapon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
The five-seven is extremely deadly round.
Cost of entering that platform is the only reason I haven’t adopted that gun.

The five-seven is extremely deadly round.
Cost of entering that platform is the only reason I haven’t adopted that gun.
I owned one for a while. I really liked it. Unfortunately even with the very best ammo (Elite ammunition) it never performed as advertised. At the time of my ownership I was conducting gel shoots for agencies and I would run some shoots on any leftover/spare gel blocks that I had. The ammo would either never upset, or never yaw. I kept looking at these unimpressive wound channels compared to something like Ranger 127 +p+ 9mm and decided it doesn't make sense defensively where you want the threat stopped quickly with as few rounds as possible.

I think it would be a hell of an offensive pistol, if you can come up with a use case for such a thing.(zombies?) I have thought about buying another one to use with my Dead air mask. 100 yard shots were a breeze with that gun and it's super light even loaded fully with 20 rounds. Such a pleasure to carry and shoot.

I owned one for a while. I really liked it. Unfortunately even with the very best ammo (Elite ammunition) it never performed as advertised. At the time of my ownership I was conducting gel shoots for agencies and I would run some shoots on any leftover/spare gel blocks that I had. The ammo would either never upset, or never yaw. I kept looking at these unimpressive wound channels compared to something like Ranger 127 +p+ 9mm and decided it doesn't make sense defensively where you want the threat stopped quickly with as few rounds as possible.

I think it would be a hell of an offensive pistol, if you can come up with a use case for such a thing.(zombies?) I have thought about buying another one to use with my Dead air mask. 100 yard shots were a breeze with that gun and it's super light even loaded fully with 20 rounds. Such a pleasure to carry and shoot.
Was over penetrating a issue ?

Back
Top Bottom