• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody dove hunting Saturday?

Been to West Point WMA outside of LaGrange the last couple years, had a decent number of birds and not too many hunters. Going to a pay shoot south of LaGrange this year, $100 per gun for Sat/Sun/Mon, and they feed everyone on Sat. Haven't seen the fields yet but my buddy said there were a lot of birds around when he checked it out a few days ago. I like it because I'm allowed to bring my Ranger which will help in hauling everybody's stuff and save a ton of walking. Hope that since the rain may be out of here by Saturday that it turns out to be a good couple days of shooting (don't hunt on Sundays).

When you were at Westpoint last year did they let you on the field early Roger a shooting spot or did you have to wait until noon?
If I remember correctly they did let us on there early, but can't recall exactly what time they started letting folks on the fields. We did have time to pick a spot and get set up before the noon kickoff.

Have a reserved spot on a planted dove field.

Also have a favorite prep for them that involves a marinate, bacon wrap, and slow cooking on the grill.

Does killing doves give you a hard on?

Yes

57e7bdd3a230523a071471804f84cdbed2682473b41570dfed94d6d598066d8a.jpg

I was going to ask the same question. I would like to try the Dawson WMA which is non quota field. Shooting starts at noon so I am not sure how early to get there or when you can get set up on a stool etc.
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, and also if we can bring a dog with us to retrieve the birds.

You can call the WMA 770/535-5700 so far they have answered all questions asked. Yes you can arrive early just no shooting until noon. It is the Amicoala tract.

Back
Top Bottom