• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody dove hunting Saturday?

I was right down the road from you. Our field is probably 5 acres and have been going there for years. It's right off I 20 between Temple and Bremen. Hit and miss every year but we almost limited yesterday and had a great time. It's a family thing with us. My son killed his first dove yesterday and I was thrilled. Me more than him! Weather was awesome and got caught up with my cousins when the birds weren't flying. Got 14 cleaned and frozen for a dove cook in Roswell where no one would even think about eating those poor critters.
That's great! My.boys are 9 and 6 and was itching to shoot my 12 gauge. We were just right off of hickory level. About 2 miles from I-20 from the temple exit. It went well. I only got to stay for about 3.5 hrs. Shot 3 birds. Could have had 6 if my wife didn't get so competitive and want to shoot my gun! But it was fun watching her and the kids. Congratulations to you and him. We had to leave when it was getting good around 4 pm.

When I was a young man I shot high brass.... insisted on it. Now I'm an old man and Remington Sureshot feels like high brass. My shoulder feels like a mule kicked it .....twice!

When I was a young man I shot high brass.... insisted on it. Now I'm an old man and Remington Sureshot feels like high brass. My shoulder feels like a mule kicked it .....twice!

Install a Kick Eezz recoil pad, it make all the difference in the world.

Back
Top Bottom