• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody Else Done With The NFL?

I have been a football fan my entire life. Some of my first memories are of my brother and I out in the front yard playing with a football, then to neighborhood games on a regular basis, watching him play high school football, me playing midget football in grammar school, them junior high, then high school. I used to love watching it with my friends. I loved football season! I was a Falcons' fan from the beginning of the franchise. But, I am also a veteran and a patriot. When the Pro's starting disrespecting the flag and the country I quit watching. Last year I only watched the Falcons. That was because they didn't take part in the disrespect. This year they did, so I quit watching all together. At first it felt like it was a sacrifice on my part but the right thing to do. I am sorry to say, it no longer feels like a sacrifice, only the right thing to do. I have lost an interest and a passion, and I don't think I will ever see it again.

Hatred of America!!!

"The continuing protests by multimillionaire NFL players who refuse to stand for our national anthem – disrespecting our flag and the brave patriots in our armed forces – are setting a terrible example for America’s children as Thanksgiving approaches.

The message? Don't be thankful for the many blessings America has given you. Instead, act ungratefully, disrespectfully and unpatriotically - The lesson is Hatred of America."
I REFUSE TO BE PART OF THAT LESSON !!!!!

I go to the local bar and drink beer while the Falcons are playing. AFAIC, they are background noise to my beer drinking.

The NFL isn't making a dime off me. I'd be drinking beer anyway.

Screw them.

When the players get out of their Escalades, and maybe start handing out lunches in a soup line, then maybe I'll listen to what they have to say.

Dang un-patriotic thugs!
no-story-headline_pg_600.jpg
873375882.jpg
NFLSalute.jpg
nfl-salute-service-veterans-day-4.jpg
170926_s_gettyimages461289810.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
temp2016_CIN1_0918kr_4478_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

And, in case some people don't get why players are taking a knee......

"Kaepernick - During a post-game interview on August 26, 2016, he stated, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"

I'll take a wild guess and say it's white people that opresses black people? Again, it's about race, white people, and you don't have to worry, I'm not going to sit in front of a TV for three hours to watch 11 minutes (yes only 11 minutes of play time) of Football with the rest of the time they are standing around, replays, under review, trying to run the clock down, commercials, etc, etc, etc. What a time suck......

Back
Top Bottom