• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody Else Done With The NFL?

I watched pro football back when guys like Tommy Nobis, Jack Lambert, Franco Harris, Joe Namath, Dick Butkus, Mean Joe Green, Deacon Jones, Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown & Gale Sayers played the game. Coaches Like Don Shula, Tom Landry, Mike Ditka & John Madden lead those guys.
That was when guys who played pro football actually loved playing the game, they played with cuts, broken bones & didn't go out on the DL when they got a boo boo. These were tough SOB's, mean as hell & liked hurting people but they mostly kept all that violence on the football field, not all over they evening news for beating their girlfriend.
This was when pro football was exciting to watch, this was when real baddass men played a violent game in a most violent way. I quit watching when the NFL decided they didn't want men like that playing football anymore, when ever that was. Must have been back in the late 70's or early 80's when I quit watching, it just wasn't exciting to watch anymore.

16003282_10211586889497684_8790049465928996434_n.jpg

I watched pro football back when guys like Tommy Nobis, Jack Lambert, Franco Harris, Joe Namath, Dick Butkus, Mean Joe Green, Deacon Jones, Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown & Gale Sayers played the game. Coaches Like Don Shula, Tom Landry, Mike Ditka & John Madden leading those guys.
That was when guys who played pro football actually loved playing the game, they played with cuts, broken bones & didn't go out on the DL when they got a boo boo. These were tough SOB's, mean as hell & liked hurting people but they mostly kept all that violence on the football field, not all over they evening news for beating their girlfriend.
This was when pro football was exciting to watch, this was when real baddass men played a violent game in a most violent way. I quit watching when the NFL decided they didn't want men like that playing football anymore, when ever that was. Must have been back in the late 70's or early 80's when I quit watching, it just wasn't exciting to watch anymore.

And played on GRASS!! Not this sanitized crud they "perform" on now days.
J.J. Watts is about the only current player I can stand.

Back
Top Bottom