• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody Else Done With The NFL?

I certainly do not agree with anyone disrespecting this great country,but I do not think anyone here would like to see anybodys rights taken from them either,no matter how much we don't agree with their statement or stand.I do find it hard to believe that so many of us in America can be persuaded by the media.If you want to boycott something - make it the so called news we get shoved down our throats,the made up garbage in an effort to raise ratings is disgusting,and tearing our country apart.

I can't go into MY JOB and start saying crap about the government or customers or anything else even remotely controversial. Especially if I was on national TV representing my company, and that is not a freedom of speech issue for anyone else...

Just saying...

I have never liked NFL football so it is a easy decision. College is where it's at.
I went to the UGA - Notre Dame game this weekend.
Great experience with great friends. The hosts (all of the ND people!) were unbelievably polite and helpful. No protests, and the entire crowd sang the National Anthem as F-15s buzzed overhead.

Can it get any better than that?

Cowboys stand for the anthem, just sayin.....

Yeah but they condone sexual assault. As far as not standing for the anthem it is a free country and if your employer is ok with it who am I to deny your right. And before everyone starts slinging mud my way I served six years to ensure these rights. It is also an individual right to change the channel as well. On to the Falcons fans, enjoy last year because it was an abberation never to be seen again. C'mon man ATL is chump city. Always has been always will be.

Yeah but they condone sexual assault. As far as not standing for the anthem it is a free country and if your employer is ok with it who am I to deny your right. And before everyone starts slinging mud my way I served six years to ensure these rights. It is also an individual right to change the channel as well. On to the Falcons fans, enjoy last year because it was an abberation never to be seen again. C'mon man ATL is chump city. Always has been always will be.
C'mon man ATL is chump city. Always has been always will be.
That has a lot to do with the city/county leadership.

I watched pro football back when guys like Tommy Nobis, Jack Lambert, Franco Harris, Joe Namath, Dick Butkus, Mean Joe Green, Deacon Jones, Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown & Gale Sayers played the game. Coaches Like Don Shula, Tom Landry, Mike Ditka & John Madden leading those guys.
That was when guys who played pro football actually loved playing the game, they played with cuts, broken bones & didn't go out on the DL when they got a boo boo. These were tough SOB's, mean as hell & liked hurting people but they mostly kept all that violence on the football field, not all over they evening news for beating their girlfriend.
This was when pro football was exciting to watch, this was when real baddass men played a violent game in a most violent way. I quit watching when the NFL decided they didn't want men like that playing football anymore, when ever that was. Must have been back in the late 70's or early 80's when I quit watching, it just wasn't exciting to watch anymore.

I couldn't tell you the first thing about any football team, player or coach in the game now. Not one thing. Lol!

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆These ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

When I was a kid MEN played football in rain ,snow, sleet ,mud ,cold ,hot , or whatever !

Right out in the open they went full blown and Barr the door till it was over !

Now it's whiney snowflake time :whip:

I love the game of football but i hate the business of football. The NFL started losing me about 8 years ago, so this recent thing is just one more reason for me to spend my time and money elsewhere. Not as a boycott or a protest, but because they suck and i no longer enjoy it.

I don't miss them and they probably don't miss me either. I'm good with that

Back
Top Bottom