• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody else had this happen?

I tend to go with the premis of either Wally screwed it up or system was down to which Wally still screwed it up because it should be moot point to run a 4473

I called the number for the nics/Fbi and the person I spoke to said that basically it's is the 3rd party software that screens the form and if you answer a question wrong it will block you from purchasing from Walmart for X number of days or weeks, she didn't know but said that they (FBI/ATF ) wouldn't even see it and that it was basically a screening software that checks the forms for incorrect answers and said that I should still be able to purchase from a different ffl. Dealer.
I don't believe that there was a background check done although the second store told me that they would have to do a background check because my Gwl address and my drivers license address do not match. Thats the first time I've heard that and have bought firearms with unmatching addresses before. I hold firm to the idea that the associate at the first store altered an answer on my form to prevent the sale from taking place. Was the department manager, a young female and she was not happy that I knew the the two guns were 52% off and she didn't. While filling out the form she was on her phone texting or something and by the next day Both the guns were sold.

I called the number for the nics/Fbi and the person I spoke to said that basically it's is the 3rd party software that screens the form and if you answer a question wrong it will block you from purchasing from Walmart for X number of days or weeks, she didn't know but said that they (FBI/ATF ) wouldn't even see it and that it was basically a screening software that checks the forms for incorrect answers and said that I should still be able to purchase from a different ffl. Dealer.
I don't believe that there was a background check done although the second store told me that they would have to do a background check because my Gwl address and my drivers license address do not match. Thats the first time I've heard that and have bought firearms with unmatching addresses before. I hold firm to the idea that the associate at the first store altered an answer on my form to prevent the sale from taking place. Was the department manager, a young female and she was not happy that I knew the the two guns were 52% off and she didn't. While filling out the form she was on her phone texting or something and by the next day Both the guns were sold.
That sounds messed up. Guess I'll be taking pics from now on?? I believe they are "supposed" to hold that firearm until everything get's straightened out ; they did mine.

I hold firm to the idea that the associate at the first store altered an answer on my form to prevent the sale from taking place. Was the department manager, a young female and she was not happy that I knew the the two guns were 52% off and she didn't. While filling out the form she was on her phone texting or something and by the next day Both the guns were sold.
1hoir8.jpg

Walmart has 4473 software that is connected throughout all stores they blocked you. You can’t be “blocked” from a NICS background check. They will deny you over and over again if you are popping up as ineligible.

they just hold the 4473 form until they go ou of business for the atf agents to come by and check every now and again

technically i dont think a 4473 form is even a receipt of a transaction, merely a vetting to see if you are able to purchase a gun to which the carry permit makes useless......so why even fill a 4473 out unless it is to act as a receipt? i know gun laws are completely stupid and counter intuitive but the 4473 form is a huge grey area i think lol

This is a part of the process that a lot of people don't understand. The store can call (or email) the 4473, and you can be approved, but the FBI and BATF never know if you actually purchased the gun. You can change your mind, and go about your business.

Several years ago there was a report of a gun store that wouldn't submit the 4473 until you paid for the gun but I haven't heard of that happening in a while.

This is a part of the process that a lot of people don't understand. The store can call (or email) the 4473, and you can be approved, but the FBI and BATF never know if you actually purchased the gun. You can change your mind, and go about your business.

Several years ago there was a report of a gun store that wouldn't submit the 4473 until you paid for the gun but I haven't heard of that happening in a while.
huh, that is so weird how that works. im like 90% sure how the process works and even after all the gus ive bought, sold, traded, etc. i still am not 100% on all the laws. that alone says its too damn complicated

Back
Top Bottom