• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

anybody else hate indoor ranges?

I use one to just go real quick and test and fire my handguns for a quick trip. I am a member at River Bend Gun Club up near Jasper that just a freaking circus of ranges. I only go to the indoor range for quick testing. I mean just think of it the booth next to you could be a new gun owner that has never had any gun rules, is there testing a 45 semi-auto and muzzle sweeping you every time he starts to shoot. It hair raising to think about. I only go becuase I have 4 hours of free range time from gun purchases.

Made the mistake of taking my Dad to an indoor range once.
He was in the navy and had firearms experience eons ago so I explained all the rules to him thinking we would have a good Father/Son experience but he just didn't listen.
I made him put the gun down when he pointed the barrel at his face, finger in trigger guard, and looked st the gun curiously when the last round spent and the action locked open on my H&K usp compact.
I always count the rounds and pay close attention when people
Are shooting with me.
I pushed the gun away from his face and guided the gun down range and on the ledge in front of him.
I said "Were done here."
Sad part about it was nobody noticed it and I didn't even get any strange looks from the employees on my way out.
My Dad was still wondering what he did wrong.

Moral to the story?
If your Dad or anyone seems to be getting remotely forgetful about things....don't take him to the range.
Big lesson learned on my part and thank God he didn't kill himself or anyone else.

Made the mistake of taking my Dad to an indoor range once.
He was in the navy and had firearms experience eons ago so I explained all the rules to him thinking we would have a good Father/Son experience but he just didn't listen.
I made him put the gun down when he pointed the barrel at his face, finger in trigger guard, and looked st the gun curiously when the last round spent and the action locked open on my H&K usp compact.
I always count the rounds and pay close attention when people
Are shooting with me.
I pushed the gun away from his face and guided the gun down range and on the ledge in front of him.
I said "Were done here."
Sad part about it was nobody noticed it and I didn't even get any strange looks from the employees on my way out.
My Dad was still wondering what he did wrong.

Moral to the story?
If your Dad or anyone seems to be getting remotely forgetful about things....don't take him to the range.
Big lesson learned on my part and thank God he didn't kill himself or anyone else.
So true, my dad just hit 80 and I bought his S&W sd40 from him because of the same thing, he forgets things quick and cannot handle a gun like he used too. hurts me to watch.

Back
Top Bottom