• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody else see an issue here?

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
:pop2:Look closely at used values below. This difference is straight across the board. Hunting AR’s are valued at 2 or 3 times more than nasty tactical assault weapons.

9910DA07-BB84-4E6A-A3C9-554071EE05D5.png

I use the online version of the BLUE BOOK OF GUN VALUES as a starting point in determining a used guns’s value.
Of course I also use actual recent sales from Gunbroker sold ads also...

Having said that...it is very interesting to me that many AR manufacturers have recently began marketing “hunting” versions of their AR platforms. They are basically the same as their tactical models...just maybe a little longer barrel, different paint job and always shown with a 10 rd mag.

I guess the reason why is that (besides being politically correct) they are worth 2 or 3 times what the “tactical assault weapon” versions of the same gun are worth.

I know that all AR’s, especially lower end ones, have taken a value hit since the glut on the market a couple of years ago...after the run up in prices before DJT was elected.

But just calling an AR a hunting gun and putting a low cap mag on it triples it’s value?

WTF??????

Btw, all my AR’s are now hunting guns if you want one...and yours are all tactical models.

only 1.5 times read the disclaimer about the AR10 platform on the bottom. plus the hunting versions might use different barrels for accuracy. Plus they know The hunters are where the money is.

only 1.5 times read the disclaimer about the AR10 platform on the bottom. plus the hunting versions might use different barrels for accuracy. Plus they know The hunters are where the money is.
Bingo
Top is obviously an AR10 platform.
Bottom is obviously an AR15 platform with the Add $ for AR10 platform calibers.
Thats just one if the many differences between the two.

Yeah I see a big problem. I can build a rifle like that for well under 2,000 and shoot under .50 MOA when it's finished. Could probably put a nice 600-900 dollar scope on it as well. Those prices are ridiculous.

I see lots of differences in the specs between the two

These two are just an example. If you look closer through the BBOGV you will see that used “tactical” AR’s are valued at only about 33-40% of the MSRP....while the same gun listed as a “hunting” AR is shown with a used value of 80-95% of MSRP.

These two are just an example. If you look closer through the BBOGV you will see that used “tactical” AR’s are valued at only about 33-40% of the MSRP....while the same gun listed as a “hunting” AR is shown with a used value of 80-95% of MSRP.
Hunters put food on the table.
Tacticool just puts illusions in your head. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom