• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody ever try this?

Holy moly! I have a 6 inch long slide and thought that was long. LOL. Do they even make a slide that long or are you suppose to have a inch of barrel sticking out. I suppose you could do something with porting and installing a comp or something of that nature. My long slide is a 10mm. think of the ballistics jump I could get with that. The only problem I see is no feed ramp and mine has one. That's one long ass 1911 barrel.

I have to admit I had been looking for a longslide for a long time. I lucked out and found a Remy R1 Hunter in 10mm. I immediatly broke it down and started replacing internals with wilson combat parts. Some parts fit some don't The important stuff fits thank God. It came in all black. Every part was black. I am replacing some parts on the outside in stainless for a little dressier look. I still have the stainless safety and stainless competition flared magwell. Everything in stainless is Wilson Combat parts.
20170806_180917.jpg

I have one of those Recover Tactical grip systems on my S&W 45. I really like mine. That little nub on the front of the trigger gaurd provides some extra recoil management.
20170512_171452(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom