• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody experience long term blood pressure drop post COVID-19 vaccine?

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
I've been on a mild dose of Lisinopril HCTZ for a few years, for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is pretty consistently around 130/70 on this med. If I take more of it, I get lightheaded, so doc agreed we're good at that level.

This summer, I had a few episodes, working outside in the heat, where I got really lightheaded. Doesn't usually happen to me. Occurred to me that I hadn't taken my blood pressure in a while. Started taking it for a few days, and it was consistently 110/70. While the lower blood pressure is nice, I hated the dizziness that came with it when exerting myself in the yard. I cut my BP med dose in half, and the BP went up about 10 points on top, and has steadied there, and the lightheaded episodes have gone away.

Being 56 years old, family history of high blood pressure, the last thing you expect is blood pressure to go down and stay down. What the hell is this all about? It occurred to me that this started not long after my second Moderna shot. Okay, weird, maybe linked, maybe not.

Just got off the phone with a long time friend, who experienced exactly the same thing. He's a few years older than me, but same meds for high blood pressure. He said his doc was taking him off his BP meds because he was feeling lightheaded and his blood pressure seems to have dropped. I asked if he had been vaccinated and what vaccine he had gotten. The answer: Yes. Moderna.

Some may read this and think, "Great, the vaccines cure high blood pressure." Unfortunately, the answer may be less positive. Low pressure in people who normally have high blood pressure can be a sign of heart damage or other circulatory ailments.

Anyway, interested to hear from anybody who got vaccinated and experienced a sustained drop in blood pressure.

While I'm no Doc, I do have and family history the same. Your probably getting light headed when you bend over and raise up fast. If you need the meds fine. But if you don't that's another story. If you need the meds you should be taking it daily. My systolic pressure, the high number, is a little more out of whack than yours. But I've had open heart surgery. As far as I know ideal healthy pressure would be 120/80. Because of my situation I shoot for 110/70. But I run probably 130/70. My Doc says the high number just needs to be below 200. I don't agree with that, but with the numbers I run I do fine. I think you're doing good on numbers, but you may need to consider a different med. If what you're taking doesn't make you feel right, have your Doc change it. A good Doc is also a good chemist and should be able to work it out where you get the meds you need and feel good as well

I've been on a mild dose of Lisinopril HCTZ for a few years, for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is pretty consistently around 130/70 on this med. If I take more of it, I get lightheaded, so doc agreed we're good at that level.

This summer, I had a few episodes, working outside in the heat, where I got really lightheaded. Doesn't usually happen to me. Occurred to me that I hadn't taken my blood pressure in a while. Started taking it for a few days, and it was consistently 110/70. While the lower blood pressure is nice, I hated the dizziness that came with it when exerting myself in the yard. I cut my BP med dose in half, and the BP went up about 10 points on top, and has steadied there, and the lightheaded episodes have gone away.

Being 56 years old, family history of high blood pressure, the last thing you expect is blood pressure to go down and stay down. What the hell is this all about? It occurred to me that this started not long after my second Moderna shot. Okay, weird, maybe linked, maybe not.

Just got off the phone with a long time friend, who experienced exactly the same thing. He's a few years older than me, but same meds for high blood pressure. He said his doc was taking him off his BP meds because he was feeling lightheaded and his blood pressure seems to have dropped. I asked if he had been vaccinated and what vaccine he had gotten. The answer: Yes. Moderna.

Some may read this and think, "Great, the vaccines cure high blood pressure." Unfortunately, the answer may be less positive. Low pressure in people who normally have high blood pressure can be a sign of heart damage or other circulatory ailments.

Anyway, interested to hear from anybody who got vaccinated and experienced a sustained drop in blood pressure.
Forgot to mention now also have a heart rate that won't self correct sometimes. Not tachycardia but at rest it stays high enough the docs scheduled an mri looking for damage by covid.

I'm wondering if anybodys vision changed. I could tell while I was in hospital and an eye exam confirmed it. I also developed peripheral floaters that the doc chalked up to covid.

Back
Top Bottom