• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody from the Jekyll area remember the Buccaneer?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
227   0
Reaction score
Found this digging around in the storage room (I'm on a purge binge, too much stuff) today. letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar might remember it and I think a few others are from the coast or visited regularly. It was a magic place to be a kid in the early 70's, dad worked for Mr. Boatwright as GM (mom wound up bookkeeping since my dad can't balance a checkbook).

They must have given this to him or he stole it (I haven't asked him) when we left in about '75. single pine board, 1" X 12" X 17".

Anyone have any memories of the motor lodge? I've got a story or two to tell.
20220502_163711.jpg

Found this digging around in the storage room (I'm on a purge binge, too much stuff) today. letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar might remember it and I think a few others are from the coast or visited regularly. It was a magic place to be a kid in the early 70's, dad worked for Mr. Boatwright as GM (mom wound up bookkeeping since my dad can't balance a checkbook).

They must have given this to him or he stole it (I haven't asked him) when we left in about '75. single pine board, 1" X 12" X 17".

Anyone have any memories of the motor lodge? I've got a story or two to tell.
View attachment 4248057
I call dibs...

Talked to my dad over lunch. Another island resident made this for him while he ran the hotel.

Best thing I remember about the Buccaneer were the oyster roasts and the battered french fries. Those were pretty exotic to a po' boy from Tennille, Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom