• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ANYBODY HAVE ONE OF THESE

Im
I like the Wheeler Engineering magnetic boresighter. Works with any caliber. Easy to use, a little pricey.
Have seen them and I scratch my head. How do you know you are in perfect center of the Bore. I get it sticks to the front of the barrel but it looks like it would have plenty of room to move off center or is the movement nominal on target hits?

Im

Have seen them and I scratch my head. How do you know you are in perfect center of the Bore. I get it sticks to the front of the barrel but it looks like it would have plenty of room to move off center or is the movement nominal on target hits?
The ones with the tips are never centered. Just spin it and see how much it changes

I have the BSA version , but to be honest I rarely use it. I get just as fast if not faster results taking the bolt out and looking through the barrel and then scope with the rifle locked in place and moving it to on target that way and going from there.

the past couple of years I've been slowly upgrading some of my glass and swapping things around. with some of my calibers costing $60+ a box and recent availability, it's cheaper to bore sight. I have the chamber bore sight and it's plenty accurate to get me on paper at 100. 2-3 shots and it's dialed in for most uses.

I would do the 3 shot method. Shoot two rounds, dial to the impact, shoot a third to confirm. Not a fan of boresighters.
Never used one. Less than useless based on the number of scopes I've had to remount and re-sight when someone used one at the "gun counter" to get their scope mounted and zeroed.

Back
Top Bottom