• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody hooch fishing

Helen can be extremely good, but it can be tricky to learn that area. As well the good spots can take quite a bit of walking to get too. Cause a number of spots that used to be open to public parking are now posted no parking. Feel free to give me a holler if you want. As I have fished that area quite a bit and been able to learn them a little.

im actually starting to catch fish up wildcat creek area. took me forever to learn the right combination.

im actually starting to catch fish up wildcat creek area. took me forever to learn the right combination.
Just make sure you have up to date fish lic. when on the river with any fishing gear. Trout stamp too if you have any fly gear or trout bait.
The rangers will go thru your stuff to see what u fish for! They will check lures, live bait, rods n reels, etc….
Dont believe me? Ask me how i know… lol.

Good luck ! We wanna see pics of those beautiful trout !! Lol

Just make sure you have up to date fish lic. when on the river with any fishing gear. Trout stamp too if you have any fly gear or trout bait.
The rangers will go thru your stuff to see what u fish for! They will check lures, live bait, rods n reels, etc….
Dont believe me? Ask me how i know… lol.

Good luck ! We wanna see pics of those beautiful trout !! Lol
Can confirm. I haven't had them check through my gear, but I have had rangers pop up to check licenses around the Helen area.

was down on the rocks one day. float tubers, a few fisherman. doing my thing.
no sooner did i turn and face down stream i got hit in the legs from behind. i turn around expecting to see a damn tuber.......
no game warden. i catch some crap about not having on a PFD. i get it and personally knew better but i plain forgot it at the car. no biggie, i'll run get it. "do you have a license" i was asked. yep, dang it its in my vest in the car. crap. strike 2.
he looks over on the bank. tere stands my gf up to he ankles in water with my beagle dog. if beag's got his knees wet
even he would freak out. he nails her for no vest either.

ok i get it. me sure. i was breaking the rules. i knew better, but her........... seriously? she was in rolled up jeans
and i promise you on everything her ankles were dry as a bone.
so he radios to another GW and asks him if hes in the park, he said yes. he told him what we looked like and to meet us at my car. "10-4".
i got to dry land and as soon as they hit the first stroke in their canoe i hauled ass to the car.
you know the trail on the right facing down stream. i was right there at the tip of the island at start.
i look back and my girl is hot on my trail with the beagle leading point lol. remember, im in waders, boots,
soft side cooler, rod,..........
i reached my car just past the bridge. i came sliding in like Pete Rose. off came the boots, the waders, in went the dog
and cooler, fishing gear....... we were out of there fast. cop didnt see us nor we him.
the on lookers sure had funny looks on their faces though. heart pounding out of my chest from such a fast long over weighted run but dang it we made it.

was down on the rocks one day. float tubers, a few fisherman. doing my thing.
no sooner did i turn and face down stream i got hit in the legs from behind. i turn around expecting to see a damn tuber.......
no game warden. i catch some crap about not having on a PFD. i get it and personally knew better but i plain forgot it at the car. no biggie, i'll run get it. "do you have a license" i was asked. yep, dang it its in my vest in the car. crap. strike 2.
he looks over on the bank. tere stands my gf up to he ankles in water with my beagle dog. if beag's got his knees wet
even he would freak out. he nails her for no vest either.

ok i get it. me sure. i was breaking the rules. i knew better, but her........... seriously? she was in rolled up jeans
and i promise you on everything her ankles were dry as a bone.
so he radios to another GW and asks him if hes in the park, he said yes. he told him what we looked like and to meet us at my car. "10-4".
i got to dry land and as soon as they hit the first stroke in their canoe i hauled ass to the car.
you know the trail on the right facing down stream. i was right there at the tip of the island at start.
i look back and my girl is hot on my trail with the beagle leading point lol. remember, im in waders, boots,
soft side cooler, rod,..........
i reached my car just past the bridge. i came sliding in like Pete Rose. off came the boots, the waders, in went the dog
and cooler, fishing gear....... we were out of there fast. cop didnt see us nor we him.
the on lookers sure had funny looks on their faces though. heart pounding out of my chest from such a fast long over weighted run but dang it we made it.
You - her and that dawg got lucky as you can get !! Bwahahaha !! :pound:

Is it safe to fish that area where they rent Kayaks just off the bridge in Roswell before the road turns to go to Marietta?
How about the State park just off I-75 near the new stadium?

Back
Top Bottom