• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody hooch fishing

The hooch is good all year long in the upper stretch. Around this time of year it will be more difficult cause of turnover (pea green water). However, the river still produces fish and in the upper stretch the fish are fine to eat from all I remember.

Are you normally trying to spin fish or fly fish for them?

The hooch is good all year long in the upper stretch. Around this time of year it will be more difficult cause of turnover (pea green water). However, the river still produces fish and in the upper stretch the fish are fine to eat from all I remember.

Are you normally trying to spin fish or fly fish for them?

doesnt matter to me i can catch them either way.
ok when you say "Upper" which section are you talking about. means differently to some folks.
i would be wading for them.

I usually call from around the Jones Bridge area to the dam as the upper hooch, and below that is the lower.

I tend to fish the dam or settles when I fish the hooch. They can be tricky to learn but once you do then you can catch a lot of fish. Especially at the dam cause there is a good population of wild browns in addition to the stocked rainbows.

ive only fished the tailwaters unless you include helen but the fishing sucks up there from what ive experienced.
Helen can be extremely good, but it can be tricky to learn that area. As well the good spots can take quite a bit of walking to get too. Cause a number of spots that used to be open to public parking are now posted no parking. Feel free to give me a holler if you want. As I have fished that area quite a bit and been able to learn them a little.

Back
Top Bottom