• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody hooch fishing

Is it safe to fish that area where they rent Kayaks just off the bridge in Roswell before the road turns to go to Marietta?
How about the State park just off I-75 near the new stadium?
I'm just speaking for myself, but personally I wouldn't even swim in it.

I hear when they shut the damn off at Lanier you can walk across their backs. And I'm not just being sarcastic one of the fly fisherman at Bass pro shops told me that was a hotspot. You just have to get down the times that they shut that damn off it gets shallow but you can use a fly rod and he says it's just a fish fest.

The water come out of the bottom of the linear lake is fairly clean so at that point the fish are probably pretty healthy. But down a mile or so I wouldn't even throw my bait in the water I wouldn't do that to the fish that I put on the hook. They had a Chattahoochee down near the city is nasty with a capital N. And I use that letter loosely. :-)

He was the Atlanta child killer back in the late 70’s early 80’s. It was implied you wouldn’t want to fish downstream of his disposal area. He was caught when he dumped a body in the Hooch and a cop heard the splash.

In the 90’s, I lived near the Green River south of Seattle where the Green River Killer dumped his victims. I don’t remember ever seeing anyone fish there.

Back
Top Bottom