• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody keep fish?

Just curious if anybody around here kept fish? I have a 29 gallon high aquarium that has been cycling over 3 weeks at this point. Getting close but not quite there yet. Anybody else into aquariums as a hobby? This will be my first tank and always love to see other folks setups.

They are addictive, you've done right to let it cycle first, new folks love to go ahead and throw some fish in and kill them. That being said, some cheap fish you know you might lose are a great way to get the cycle started.

You dont want to water change now since you are trying to finish that first cycle, but afterwards, partial weekly changes go a long way. If you become lazy with them, that's when you'll start having issues.

I got into the live plants as much as the fish.

My biggest is a 20L, sits on the bar counter. About 15 ember tetras, 6 glo tetras, 4 cory cats. Live plants.

Just setup a 3.5 gallon nano with cherry shrimp, pretty low maintenance

1WKPDFy.jpg

We have a 110 gallon mixed reef tank and a 50 gallon FOWLR (fish and live rock) tank. The 50 has been running for almost 10 years now. The 110 reef is 3 years old. It's a lot of work to keep both tanks correct but I love the hobby. I'll take some current pics later and post them in here.

My daughter has been begging for a fish tank, so about to jump into this myself with a small tank to get her going for her November birthday or Christmas. Friend of mine has a 150+ gallon tank he has been tinkering with for years and loves it.

Back
Top Bottom