• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody killing any yotes?

BanjoJohn

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
114   0
Reaction score
Caught up with this one yesterday evening about 7:00pm while doing some fence repair.
She was across the creek and trotting away. I just switched the truck off, pressed the parking brake, and stepped out with my rifle. My window of opportunity was closing fast. The only shot I had was trotting away at about 75 yards through a hole in the bushes. I was expecting to hear a yelp and some action, but when I pulled the trigger on that CZ 17 mach 2, she piled up like a sack of potatoes. In behind the ear and out the eye.
IMG_0222.JPG

I much prefer to see this type of handling the situation. Thanks.

So do you think those yotes are going to the "Yote Ranch" to grow old and reproduce?

There fate will be the same, the yote I shot never saw it coming, literally.

I love the head shots, but on a yote, a gut shot will work also.

So do you think those yotes are going to the "Yote Ranch" to grow old and reproduce?

There fate will be the same, the yore I shot never saw it coming, literally.

Oh, I have no idea where or how those trapped coyotes will end up, but at least there is a chance they will be released into a safe area where they can continue to exist peacefully and safely. On the other hand, there is no doubt how yours ended up. I think what bothers me most is you said " She was across the creek and trotting away." She was no threat to you and was minding her own business, but you chose to end her life just because you had the opportunity and the means. Kind of like killing snakes just because they are snakes. But, just as you had the right to do what you did, I have the right to not do it. Thanks.

Oh, I have no idea where or how those trapped coyotes will end up, but at least there is a chance they will be released into a safe area where they can continue to exist peacefully and safely. On the other hand, there is no doubt how yours ended up. I think what bothers me most is you said " She was across the creek and trotting away." She was no threat to you and was minding her own business, but you chose to end her life just because you had the opportunity and the means. Kind of like killing snakes just because they are snakes. But, just as you had the right to do what you did, I have the right to not do it. Thanks.

The buzzards got to eat, and there was about 40 of them having a family reunion all over that fresh yote meat.
Yotes are cockroaches with fur.
Maybe you could start a coyote rescue farm. Those live trappers get about $100.00 each. You could buy them and keep them safe from the hounds. lol

Back
Top Bottom