• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody know a driver for Hire????? Cross Country

fuel one way would be around 650-900 bucks, and thats diesel. gas would kill you..
you may be better off renting a uhaul one way.
around 225 gal of fuel out there pulling, 170 on the way back that 510-680, so fuel alone would cost 1160-1580. then figure in food,lodging,unforeseen expenses for 4 to 5 days of travel one way. its hard to beat a trucking company. hope you find someone who can help..
Bob

Call Old Dominion,ABF, or others and have a moving container dropped off. Load it and sale,sell,sail, the trailer. Right now you are pissing in to the wind. The amount you are offering would not get many bids.

IMG_20171022_085009.jpg
I'MA DO IT!

What about renting a Budget or a Penske and pulling it yourself ? Also don't rent a U-haul unless you want to be broken down with your belongings

x2 on ABF/UPack... used them 2 times for long distance moves... EASY...
Both times I used them they seemed very easy to deal with and flexible on delivery loading and unloading days, they will work with you if you need it longer, or need it picked up sooner than expected. You call them and you get to speak with an actual person in America also, which is a bug plus!!
And the biggest thing for me, was no hidden fees... no hidden mileage fees or crap like that..

They drop trailer off(25' semi trailer), they give you a couple days to load the trailer and you load it, and secure it the way you want, they come pick it up and haul it to new destinaiton for you... ( better priced than Uhaul and they did the driving)
Pay by the foot, not weight (you'd be surprised how much stuff can fit in a semi trailer cause of the height and width) then when its loaded you put up the supplied bulkhead up and put your own locks to secure your items. There is no way for anyone else to get to your items once the bulkhead is up unless they cut locks etc..Call when your ready for pickup and they come get it, Then they fill the rest of the trailer with other freight, and head to new location.
They will then deliver to your new house (or their terminal) and give you a couple days to unload... Worked GREAT for me! They will also store it for you if needed for additional cost.
You can also pay extra for guaranteed delivery if needed.
They also have the smaller cubes also if you don't have much stuff ( kinda like the uhaul cube things,I had a friend that used those once, but I had to much stuff so I needed a whole 25' semi trailer plus some..
They will also let you go to their terminal to load your stuff I believe..Cheaper, but double the work for me since I was moving a whole family/house (wife and 3 kids) and ALOT of stuff.
I had to unload from one of their terminals once, to store some stuff at local storage building till we found a house, I just backed a Uhaul up to the trailer and transferred it...

Easy as pie. Hopefully ill never have to move again long distance, but if i ever do, Ill deff use them again!

When are you planning this? I am going to LA in December but would need to load your stuff in my trailer. Hauling someone else's trailer cross country sounds great and all until I drop your trailer on the west coast and then either have to dead head home or find a trailer mounted load coming back east. Feel free to PM me I'm pretty booked with Chicago, Miami and Cincinnati over the next few weeks but could definitely work you in on my December trip.

Back
Top Bottom