• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody know David from the vehicle service center?

Ahh, that explains it. Just wore Googles' ass out looking for Mepos. Mypos was the place, and Balki was the character. Wasn't a sitcom I followed, besides, I had all I could take from Robin Williams doing his Dork & Mangy routine. :wacko:

PS Check my spelling :thumb:
I was little when Perfect Strangers came on. It was that or the other channel.
Mork and Mindy was before my time

How do they make money at this? Who the hell falls for it? Old people? Meposean immigrants?

It just takes one and they've made a years wage where's they're from. Based on the number of folks who fall for scams posted here before they get reported and we nuke them; all sorts fall for crap like that.

Most of these are based in India. I've heard that in India they crap on the streets and supposedly they have a phone app over there that tells them which street they can crap on that day. So I asked them are they currently working on the street they can crap on. My favorite was the pay off your student loan call we would get daily. So one day while working on the gun range we were waiting for the call. when the lady answered the co worker told her he was currently working, then interrupted her to say he had to help a customer. Then while she waited he processed to ask the customer why they had a gun in their hand. He began screaming into the phone NO NO Please don't shoot , proceeded by gunfire. He said the female telemarketer on the line began screaming and crying, telling her co workers that someone just killed the guy on the line. The next time I just played along with them for nearly 30 minutes making up bogus email addresses. The never caught on my email address of BigC**Ksucker@C@#swallow.com. I finally told them I wanted to pay off my student loan because I went to India to learn to become a telemarketer. The last one I got said he was an agent from the FBI and there was fraud on my social security. I asked him if it bothered him being a POS scammer and how he could sleep at night. I hate telemarketers maybe more than Democraps. Both are unscrupulous money grubbing DBs.

It just takes one and they've made a years wage where's they're from. Based on the number of folks who fall for scams posted here before they get reported and we nuke them; all sorts fall for crap like that.
Dude, I know, I see it here all the time. If you have to ask your internet friends if its a scam, just figure it is

Dude, I know, I see it here all the time. If you have to ask your internet friends if its a scam, just figure it is

Yet still, a couple times a month we get "hey, I cashapped this guy $500 and now he's not responding to PM... and his email is bouncing"

Yet still, a couple times a month we get "hey, I cashapped this guy $500 and now he's not responding to PM... and his email is bouncing"
forrest-gump-stupid-is-as-stupid-does.gif

Idk the member that posted a thread on here a few days ago offering to make fake driver's licenses and passports seemed legit. He even posted some pictures of his work.

Really hated to see that thread disappear. It had so much potential...

They must be making enough money to do that or they wouldn't do it. Anyway, I have an 84.......or a 92 with 325k miles.....or a 2000 with 360k miles on it.....I figure they'd hang up on me......LOL

Apparently he is absolutely sure I want to talk to him. I'd like to sit down face to face and talk about my extended warranty
Car repairs ARE expensive! Don't pay out of pocket repair bills to fix your car!!

An AC repair can be $2500!!! An engine can cost $5,000!!!! And a transmission can be $7,500!!!

Don't get stuck with out of control repair bills!! Let us take the risk for you!!!!

Call me 867-5309 and ask for Jenny! Have your credit card handy.....

Ask me how many times I have heard their sales pitch.

That's why I'm happy my new phone has call screening. If I don't recognize the number, they have to deal with a pre-recorded message. They hang up every time.

If it's a legitimate call, I get a transcription of what the caller is saying and decide if I want to answer it.

Back
Top Bottom