• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody know where to find a Crown Vic?

Been looking around at them as well on several online auctions for a long time. I will share my info - as long as you don't place bids on the one I want!! Just kiddin'. I have placed bids on some and even inspected them, but haven't won an auction yet. Don't really NEED another project car, so I haven't tried real hard to win.....:rolleyes:

There are many online auctions for former government cars. Many states, counties and cities use these. Some choose to do their own though - Gwinnett has their own ebay page. I think Cobb does too?

Public Surplus: Pretty good amount of items on here - all kinds of surplus. But from my experience the website isn't great as far as searching and narrowing down to the specific car or truck you want. Hope the link below works - should be for "Motor Pool".

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/cataucs?catid=4

GovDeals: Better as you can create favorite searches (such as Crown Victoria or Impala) and keep it for later. It used to alert you when the auction ending was getting close, but they don't seem to do that now. They changed the web site a few months ago and it's not as good. Start here.....should be for just Crown Vics.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?...&ePrice=10000000&whichForm=item&sortOption=ad

You'll need to register on all of them and then you can bid. Some will require payment via credit card and others (a small city?) might still require a cashiers check/cash. You must pickup within the time frame they say - or else you lose the item. Go see in person or at least ask lots of questions. I placed a low bid on some and asked specific questions, only to find out there are problems not mentioned. Mileage listed wasn't right - it was double what was listed at first. They are usually pretty straight up on them, but often the office selling doesn't know problems. PD turned it in and that's all they know...they'll say "Inspection in person is encouraged."

Don't expect to find a super low mileage CV or MGM for nothing. Dealers, taxi companies and the dreaded flippers will bid up nice CVs & MGMs. However I have seen some nice CVs say 2006-08 with the SAP & around 100-125k go for $3000. Others with lower miles (75-80) might be $4000-5000. You never know! 2011s are out there just not in big numbers, but as they age more will turn up.

One last note - look every day just like here. Things will slow down for Christmas, but will pick up in January.

Need any more help let me know......

Good luck!
I forgot all about govdeals. Im registered on there from years ago. Thanks for jogging the remember’r.

Well it took 3 counter offers but the dealer finally folded and I brought her home. After we shook on the deal, he asked if I took the Dave Ramsey financial course. I said no, Im just cheap lol and he laughed. Anyways, its got a couple of issues but nothing I cant deal with, later on.......

What was funny about the whole deal was...they thought I bought airfare to get up there plus an Uber ride. When in fact, it only cost me $49 in an Uber ride up there and no airfare. So during the haggle, he made the comment that he hated to see me buy another airplane ticket to get home if we couldnt come to an agreement. So I said, buddy, you can either give me the car for my price or I can call Uber and for $49 I’ll go back home. I dont have to have the car. It was all downhill from there :)

S&S here had one listed for 5 years or so. May still be, haven't checked in the last year.

He must have thought he was selling a gun, because the price never changed in those five years.

Probably missed a good deal on that one. :ear:

Back
Top Bottom