• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody out there reload .204?

m88dad

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
I have a .204 AR rifle and I LOVE it! But the ammo is so darned expensive. I'm thinking of reloading but I've never done it before.

I know I'd have to buy the equipment. There's a couple of stores in town that sell the kits.

Any tip for a newbie about reloading .204?

Buy a reloading manual by any of the major bullet manufacturers. Barnes is good. After you have studied it get "Any Shot You Want" by A-Square and READ IT!

Bear said it all. Read. For those that don't care for a lot of reading, most manuals are written in such a way that the reading and comprehension is very easy and interesting. Nothing like having a friend that loads though. If you hang around ranges and gunshops you'll likely find an experienced loader that's more than willing to share. Read and watch others as much as possible. Most folks develop their own ways that work best for them. After learning the basics on a RockChucker press, I've had literally more than a dozen presses over the years. I've had most every type that I'm aware of, and found two that suite my every need. Neither are expensive units, but they do a fine job using MY chosen techniques. It's a hell of a lot of fun, rewarding, and helps keep me from blowing my $$$ on things like wild women. "That last part is for my wife." Follow Bears advice and go for it!

I do reload .204 Ruger and it is no different than any other cartridge. Attention to what you are doing and reading the manuals are the keys. I am going to "get out of the .204 business", so I am attempting to sell everything 204 right now which includes a NEF single shot handi rifle, dies, bullets, and loaded rounds. I have an add on Gunbroker but PM me if interested!! Asking $450 for everything (that can be negotiated).

I do reload .204 Ruger and it is no different than any other cartridge. Attention to what you are doing and reading the manuals are the keys. I am going to "get out of the .204 business", so I am attempting to sell everything 204 right now which includes a NEF single shot handi rifle, dies, bullets, and loaded rounds. I have an add on Gunbroker but PM me if interested!! Asking $450 for everything (that can be negotiated).

Damn! I just took my wife on a cruise for our anniversary and now I'm pretty much broke. If you've still got everything after a couple of months I'll definitely hit you up!

Back
Top Bottom