• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody own a Honda Rancher?

MrJim

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
19   0
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new atv. Looking at Honda Ranchers. Problem is I am old and think i need a manual transmission. Anybody own a automatic? I bought a Jeep with auto and like it. Just wondering how Honda automatics are. Any other problems? And can anybody recommend dealers?

If you want a nice side by side Honda, a guy at my work is selling the 500cc version with a new winch, upgraded tires and a nice aluminum trailer to tow it on. I think it only has a little over 100 miles. $8500. I would buy it but I use my 3032e John Deere when I go down into the woods.

I have a 2006 Rancher. It has been great. Mine is automatic but you can switch it to thumb shift manual, but I never do it. For my needs I would not buy a manual shift ATV.

The early 2000's Ranchers with electric shift are awesome units. I've owned two and never had an issue with either. Can't speak to the reliability of the 420's but the 350's can't be beat.........

The automatics never seemed to have the power of the ES and manual versions. Always felt like they were geared higher. May not be anything to it. I would consider the electric shift.

Any rancher you choose will be a great machine. Large enough to be up to most task yet small enough for a truck bed and to manuver. If you have had multiple birthdays consider the power steering version. I thought it was dumb when I first heard it but it's nice after a long day riding

I've got a '07 Rancher. It's the first year of the fuel injected 420. GREAT 4 wheeler. No issues what-so-ever.

I've got a manual tranny, though, so I couldn't speak to the automatic's performance or issues.

Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Back
Top Bottom