• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody reloading 50 BMG??

I haven't done any real load development. I bought a bunch of surplus brass and projectiles when the getting was good. Hi tech ammo is where I bought but they seem to be out of stock of most things nowadays.

I use a Lee classic cast press which is also one of the best general purpose single stage presses on the market.

10 years ago bullets were .25 and surplus powder was $5 a lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What rifle are you loading for? I have found that XM33 will have varying powder charges, by up to 25 grains between rounds out of the same box. You can pull the bullet and balance the charges and the ammo becomes a lot more accurate. I have also found that if I don't seat the bullet as deep in the case, it is more accurate in my rifle, an AR50.

I use both the Lee classic single stage press and the RCBS Ammomaster press. The Lee press is very good, it is just a little short when you are seating bullets. I would not hesitate to buy the Lee press and have used it to load many rounds. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will answer them the best I can.

John

I use the RCBS Ammomaster. Works great. I too got most of my components from Hitech back in the day. I use the Winchester military pull down powder and H50bmg. Both work well in my Barrett M82A1. I have also used the Dillon BFR in the past. Great press but very expensive to get into.

Back
Top Bottom