• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody Saddle Hunt?

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
Been looking into it. Watched a ton of videos and read up on the forums. Looking at a Guido's Web. Tethrd, or Kestral. Guidos web seems most comfy but also the heaviest. Seems like a decent trade to me.

Would love to try out before I commit. Anyone somewhat close to Paulding County that's into this and wouldn't mind talking with me and possibly letting me try out what you use?

Climbing methods preferred here in GA? I have a couple things I want to try out. Not sure if it's more of a pain in the butt than I'm expecting but I'm planning on hunting public land more and want to explore run and gun options.

I can’t help you with the guidos web but I do have a medium tethrd mantis and I’m in Acworth. If your hunting public land it’s really the only way to go but it definitely takes some getting used to at 25 ft up. I’m also using lone wolf sticks. Pm me if you want to try it out.

Been looking into it. Watched a ton of videos and read up on the forums. Looking at a Guido's Web. Tethrd, or Kestral. Guidos web seems most comfy but also the heaviest. Seems like a decent trade to me.

Would love to try out before I commit. Anyone somewhat close to Paulding County that's into this and wouldn't mind talking with me and possibly letting me try out what you use?

Climbing methods preferred here in GA? I have a couple things I want to try out. Not sure if it's more of a pain in the butt than I'm expecting but I'm planning on hunting public land more and want to explore run and gun options.
I have a Green’s tree saddle I would sell for $75 if you decide to do this. Not gonna drive far though. I think I used it once.

I can’t help you with the guidos web but I do have a medium tethrd mantis and I’m in Acworth. If your hunting public land it’s really the only way to go but it definitely takes some getting used to at 25 ft up. I’m also using lone wolf sticks. Pm me if you want to try it out.

What size does medium work with? Wear a size 36 pant and I'm 240 so thinking I need fat ass size. Do you like the stick climbing method? Was looking at srt as that looks to be pretty versatile but I was thinking I would need sticks to prep trees I scout ahead of time with a 550 cord line.

I'd really love to try it out if you wouldnt mind. I'm not far from Acworth in east Paulding and I would really appreciate seeing your set up and how it works. I'll send you a pm.

Web gear for ascending a tree and hunting. Looks pretty cool. Lots of vids on youtube.

I like my Ergovation.
c7e9f9109ec7fd761e402511c7c8d789.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom