• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody shoot GSSF indoor league?

renault314

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
Is it fun?
I've shot the outdoor quite a bit, and I read what the course of fire is.
What I'm wondering is what are the classes? how long does it take, are there prizes?
Does it matter if Glock considers you a master shooter?

GSSF never seemed like that much fun to me. Hardly more than shooting on a square range, but with a timer no?

I rather like USPSA and GADPA. I like the running around and shooting aspect.

Admittely, I've never shot a GSSF.. maybe I'm missing out.

As matches go, it's quick and painless. Wait times are usually low.

For us old guys (with bad eyes), it is pretty challenging to keep shots shots in an 8" circle at the 25yard mark ...at least for me.

Give it a try, what have you got to lose?

Is it fun?
I've shot the outdoor quite a bit, and I read what the course of fire is.
What I'm wondering is what are the classes? how long does it take, are there prizes?
Does it matter if Glock considers you a master shooter?

What 6Bones said and I'll add that the course of fire is up to the host range so they can change it up some. Yes, imo any time I'm pulling a trigger is "fun".

Master shooter or not does not matter as everyone is same class and any Glock pistol goes, modified or stock. However some ranges will break scoring down to A,B, and C (basically 1/3'ds) to keep it fair and equitable for all so a bad score could theoretically get 1st place/ Class C which doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Prizes consist of one Glock pistol per series (three matches) given out randomly only and you must shoot two of the three of a series to qualify for pistol drawing. Some ranges do random door prizes like T-shirts, Glock hats, and even Glock knives. Early on some gave out plaques for 1st -3rd place but I haven't seen that in years. Mostly bragging rights for tops scores....

The above covers most of it . Usually you have to shoot 2 of the 3 matches for prizes. I have a couple of plaques and have won a few things. There have been shenanigans over the years with ranges and prizes. I know years ago a range in SC gave the gun to an employee instead of a shooter. My prize from one match here in Ga was swapped out by the range. I still have the jacket when I was told I won something else. It is fun to shoot and yes it is not shooting with a fishing vest (IDPA) or speedy missing the target(USPSA) but it is fun. It is geared towards a guy with a gun 2 mags and a box of ammo can come shoot and have fun and a chance at a prize. It gets a shooter in the door. Look at what GSSF does in that respect. It is good practice and they strike a good balance between speed and accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom