• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody shooting 30carry?

It's like shooting a 115gr 9mm at twice the price. If Glock made the 43X with an 18rd internal capacity or something that would be cool, but I dont see that happening. Instead we got 12 rd 1911s..
I’d be in for 18 rd 43x, although the new aftermarket mags can already get you to 15 rounds in 9mm

Mag guts get you what another 1-2 rounds out if most guns? I would love if somebody could get 17-20 rounds in a Glock 19 sized frame without mag extensions. That I’d pay for.

yeah, depending on the gun/mag. But looking at the new shield (stock) it's 13+1 with 9mm and 16+1 with the 30 super carry. If there was a mag-guts that got it to 15+1 I would say that's a cheaper option for the upgrade than a whole new weird caliber.

I have a Shield EZ in 30SC. I like it, it has slightly less recoil than 9mm in the same gun. Not enough to even really call that an advantage, though. It is very loud, which makes sense given its a 50k psi cartridge, and it is more expensive than 9mm. I hope that more people shoot it, because I feel like it would be a great cartridge if it gained traction. Similar ballistics to a 9mm, yet you get 2 more rounds in a mag compared to 9mm.

I carry mine daily to work or wherever I don't want my K frame to go.

Back
Top Bottom