• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody shooting 30carry?

It's like shooting a 115gr 9mm at twice the price. If Glock made the 43X with an 18rd internal capacity or something that would be cool, but I dont see that happening. Instead we got 12 rd 1911s..
Agreed. But the ammo’s .40 cents a round now VS .26 for 9mm (if you shop around) , yea still more . Personally I can’t see starting over when there’s so many options for 9mm. And not even for a backup due to all the new micro 9mm’s. They could have spent that time coming up with new and improved options in current popular rounds. It’d be different if it pushed 2500ft per second or something like that? Not what I was expecting.

I think a .30 caliber pistol round has some utility as a low-recoiling cartridge for beginners or intermediate skilled gun owners or casual gun owners who admit that they're not going to spend a lot of time or effort getting very proficient with their weapons to manage recoil and muzzle flip.

Think of a cartridge meant for medium sized guns that has the same recoil as a 380 would,
but the current market designates the 380 ACP cartridge as only for tiny pocket size pistols.

Nope. I’m not trying to add niche stuff these days. I have nothing against botique calibers (I do buy and shoot 300bo…) but it’s gotta do something so much better than what I already own to be worth it. Want more capacity? Add mag guts springs to your mag. Boom 30 cal capacity, 9mm prices.
Mag guts get you what another 1-2 rounds out if most guns? I would love if somebody could get 17-20 rounds in a Glock 19 sized frame without mag extensions. That I’d pay for.

I think a .30 caliber pistol round has some utility as a low-recoiling cartridge for beginners or intermediate skilled gun owners or casual gun owners who admit that they're not going to spend a lot of time or effort getting very proficient with their weapons to manage recoil and muzzle flip.

Think of a cartridge meant for medium sized guns that has the same recoil as a 380 would,
but the current market designates the 380 ACP cartridge as only for tiny pocket size pistols.
In America right. Isn’t the 380 more popular in larger size guns in other countries where their countries laws prevents citizens from owning military calibers?

If I, as an experienced and skilled shooter, were to want an exotic and expensive new caliber for my defensive pistol, I would go with a .357 Sig because I like that it is a bottlenecked round which should greatly improve feeding, as the 9 mm bullet is being thrust into a 10mm wide opening.

Back
Top Bottom