• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody stocking up ahead of Irma?

You should have seen 'em hauling the stuff out on the big carts. I figured they were headed to the interstates to sell 'em for 10 bucks/bottle.

Alpharetta/Windward Pkwy location, but yeah. It wouldn't surprise me if Home Depot was running out of plywood, too!
2 hour wait last i heard on plywood , Folks buying 2x's

One thing I always do on my Mountain if we have a big blow coming. Fill the bath tubs with water to the just below the overflow drain..If the power goes out as it often does, don't want to waste generator on water pump..Have a bucket in the bath room, just to fill the tank and flush..

Sorry...call me crazy. I'm not believing the hype. In this 24hr news cycle, ratings driven situation we live in, I don't trust anything. I hope the folks in FLA are safe and either A) out of town or B) behind some seriously battened hatches. If you're south of Macon, be careful. North of Macon, it's probably going to be stormy. But at over 1,000 feet above sea level and five hours from the coast, I'm not "stocking up" on anything.

40- 60 mph winds forecasted. Good chance that trees will blow down on power lines.

Truck tank full check
All lp tanks full check
800 Polaris ranger tank full check
40 gals of ethanol fuel tanks full check
Kroger whole Tenderloin sliced and packaged today check
Case of 101 Check
Generator test Check
Blue Pills check
Tubs full of water Set to do Sunday with bucket standing by check
Full supply of TP Check
Now to go to the lake and recover some weapons, still to do will advise later as to success.

Truck tank full check
All lp tanks full check
800 Polaris ranger tank full check
40 gals of ethanol fuel tanks full check
Kroger whole Tenderloin sliced and packaged today check
Case of 101 Check
Generator test Check
Blue Pills check
Tubs full of water Set to do Sunday with bucket standing by check
Full supply of TP Check
Now to go to the lake and recover some weapons, still to do will advise later as to success.

Dang man, party at DD's place this weekend!

:thumb:

40- 60 mph winds forecasted. Good chance that trees will blow down on power lines.

This may do to Atlanta what Hugo did to Charlotte. Power was out for days because all the downed trees. I helped in the cleanup on that one, it was a real mess.

I have to say I am impressed with ETC up here on the mountain. For the last several weeks they have finally got the common sense, to take down all the trees and limbs that could damage power lines..Maybe it will be better this time but at least it is a positive move to protect..First time I have seen this in 16 years. Stay prepared my friends, plan for the worst and hope for the best, Mother Nature is the Boss..

Back
Top Bottom