• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody up on Carry Optics regs for IDPA?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
230   0
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

In the process of trying to get a Shadow 2 to make weight for carry optics in IDPA as well as USPSA to leave both options open. If I can't get it to make weight in IDPA ill just shoot USPSA with no tears shed but it would be nice to have a dual league gun. Was looking at having a CGW pro package installed on the Shadow 2 but had a question about the barrel bushing. My understanding is the Shadow 2 comes with a bushing from the factory but the 10x bushing from CGW is just flat out better. Because it comes with a factory bushing, I should be good to change to a better bushing as long as it doesn't weigh 2 ozs more than factory correct? Also, good to shoot hi-cap mags in CO as long as I don't load more than 10 correct? It's been 15 years or so since I have shot competitively but I'd like to get back into and get my daughter set up to shoot these leagues as well.

Thanks!
Caleb

You can use the mags that the gun comes with. Probably can’t use aftermarket basepads. With IDPA, it has to fit in the box.

I don’t think the CGW bushing is legal. I could be wrong but I don’t think it is. The shadow 2 doesn’t come with a bushing. Only the accu-shadow does.

Plenty accurate enough straight out of the box.

You can use the mags that the gun comes with. Probably can’t use aftermarket basepads. With IDPA, it has to fit in the box.

I don’t think the CGW bushing is legal. I could be wrong but I don’t think it is. The shadow 2 doesn’t come with a bushing. Only the accu-shadow does.

Just looked again and you are correct, looks like only the orange and accu come with a bushing. For IDPA distances cant see it making a ton of difference anyway. Thanks for your reply!

The stock Shadow 2 absolutely has a barrel bushing. It's just not a threaded one like the AccuShadow.

I replaced it on one of mine with the CGW 10x and it was a marginal improvement.

The stock Shadow 2 absolutely has a barrel bushing. It's just not a threaded one like the AccuShadow.

I replaced it on one of mine with the CGW 10x and it was a marginal improvement.

Oh wow. I never knew that and I owned one! Just didn’t look like the bushing on my accu-shadow so I never paid it any attention

Back
Top Bottom