• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone actually ever used their BUIS?

There was a guy on here a while ago who said his circuit board or something came off and stuck to the window on his EOTech. He was using it professionally and heading into some sh$& if I remember correctly

Got sent this by a SWAT member I’ve known for years. Great guy and stellar operator.

I saw your post about BUIS. My work gun is a Colt M4 with a 1-4 scope. I’ve never put irons on it because I’ve never seen or heard of anybody actually needed them. Especially with a 1-4 optic where battery life isn’t an issue. But, we had a call out recently where I wish I had them and am now in the market for some. It was really raining for about 3 hours. The optic on my M4 kept fogging up and was almost useless. I made it work but it sure would’ve been nice to just rotate my rifle and go to irons that rain doesn’t effect like Dueck Defenses. They pricey but that’s what I’m leaning towards.

I didn’t want to post this with my name attached but you can copy it if you’d like.
Exactly why I use the offsets. You can't co-wittiness with a magnified optic.

We are required to have them on our patrol rifles at work. I have always used an Eotech for the most part. I have had batteries go dead and have to flip over to irons. It is good but it pretty much limits us to using a red dot or Halo sight that will co witness. I sure can't afford any of those offset iron sights.

Seen a few other guys on deployments have to switch over. One in a firefight for having an optic come loose in the mount (aimpoint CCO) he noticed it spinning and switched over. Ran the rest of the op that way everything went smooth.
For myself all 3 of my trips my optics performed well. Aimpoint CCOs, And ACOGs. They took plenty of abuse and both of those took direct IED strikes while mounted and a lot of slam, smash, bash on the ground. Had to re-confirm and re-zero several times during trips. Always had Zeroed BUIS when running an optic and still do to this day, it was beaten into us pretty good.

I did however totally wreck a Garmin foretrex against some Ballistic glass inside a MATV that ran over 80lbs or so of HME. Smashed the whole entire screen. Wrote garmin, boom got a new one shipped to me while overseas PLUS another one for a battle buddy. Money :thumb:
Had to switch over to my back up compass :becky: (cough FBCB2 cough)

Back
Top Bottom