• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone actually USE their weapon in civilian SD?

You would have to wait for all the court stuff to be done, so 6 months to a year to get it back at best. Could be 2 to 3 years. My rule is no more then $1000 for a gun.

I have had a firearm confiscated by police. Took about 9 months to get back. Fired a "beat it" shot at a neighbor's dog that was tearing up my mutt. The police came to my house and treated me like a d***head until the officer almost got his a** bit off by the same dog.

Reminds me of another story. An incredible man, Investigator Ryan F. here in Coweta Co. confiscated a switchblade from me when I was about 12 years old. Took it right out of my pocket on the football field and sent me on my way. Hell, maybe 15 years later, here comes Investigator F. with MY knife on his belt. Lol. He had sharpened it and all. 15 years later he hands me back my knife.

6 weeks to get mine back (in 1991) If it is a good shoot here in Georgia its not going to be a issue to get you firearm returned. In another state who knows.
I see a lot of post assuming that a self defense shooting is going to require a charge and trial. Not So, Georgia code 16-3-24.2 states " A person who uses threats or force in accordance with code section 16-3-21, 16-3-23.1 or 16-3-24 shall be immune from criminal prosecution therefor unless in the use of deadly force, such person utilizes a weapon the carrying or possession of which is unlawful by such person under part 2 of article 4 chapter 11 of this title."
At the end of the day 3k is going to seem like a small thing after you have dropped the hammer(or striker is you perfer) on someone. I would not hesitate to use deadly force again in defense of myself or loved ones, but there is a price to pay to yourself and how it changes who you are and how you see things.
Exactly . Good info

My neighbor shot and killed a home intruder probably been 15 years ago. He was never arrested but the police did confiscate the gun. It was returned to him after one year, I don't know the significance of the one year. When the police asked him for the gun they did ask him if that was his only gun, he said no and they replied "good we wouldn't want you to be unprotected".

Long story even longer. He passed away about two years ago and I offered his nephew (next of kin, he never married or had kids) to possibly buy that particular gun from him at a fair market value. He ended up just giving it to me. It's a great memento of my friend and neighbor. It is still zip tied into the police evidence box just as it was returned to him. I intend to keep it just like that.

For inquiring minds it is a 1903 Colt .32ACP

Back
Top Bottom