• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone actually USE their weapon in civilian SD?

an STI RANGER II

That is a very sweet 1911, a buddy has one.

If you are not charged your property will be returned. Depending upon the state, county or city in which the event occurs and the investigators/prosecutors (if their is a grand jury hearing etc) timeline....that may be two weeks to God knows how long. A relative in SC had their Glock27 returned within 3 weeks.

You never want to have to second guess your decision!! After the trigger is pulled, there's no bringing it back..If you only feel confident with that weapon, it's a no brainer. What is your life and your loved ones life worth? Until you become confident with a less expensive weapon, carry it!
This. If you had to use it, who cares what the outcome is on your firearms inventory. In a grave situation I wiould gladly spend $1300 on better odds for a favorable outcome.

I have a DW Guardian in 45 acp but carry a Glock 30S. Carrying a gun like that 12-13 hours a day while being active I would butcher that gun. Just cant bring myself to do it.

A good friend of mine had a tragic event happen thanksgiving day several years ago. His daughters best friend used his Taurus .45 to commit suicide early that morning before anyone was up. Yes he had it locked away...both in a gun room AND inside his briefcase. Turns out the college aged girl had planned this for a long time and knew where all his keys were. She even went so far as to ask for a manual to read up on , because her "dad" was interested in a pistol. Imagine waking up thanksgiving morning to have this happen.....tragic. I say all this because dekalb county p.d. called him a year later to see if he wanted to pick up his property. When my friend went to retrieve it sometime later it was NOT in a pretty condition...it still was covered in remains...lets leave it at that.

A good friend of mine had a tragic event happen thanksgiving day several years ago. His daughters best friend used his Taurus .45 to commit suicide early that morning before anyone was up. Yes he had it locked away...both in a gun room AND inside his briefcase. Turns out the college aged girl had planned this for a long time and knew where all his keys were. She even went so far as to ask for a manual to read up on , because her "dad" was interested in a pistol. Imagine waking up thanksgiving morning to have this happen.....tragic. I say all this because dekalb county p.d. called him a year later to see if he wanted to pick up his property. When my friend went to retrieve it sometime later it was NOT in a pretty condition...it still was covered in remains...lets leave it at that.[/QUOTE

That's horrible especially on Thanksgiving.

A good friend of mine had a tragic event happen thanksgiving day several years ago. His daughters best friend used his Taurus .45 to commit suicide early that morning before anyone was up. Yes he had it locked away...both in a gun room AND inside his briefcase. Turns out the college aged girl had planned this for a long time and knew where all his keys were. She even went so far as to ask for a manual to read up on , because her "dad" was interested in a pistol. Imagine waking up thanksgiving morning to have this happen.....tragic. I say all this because dekalb county p.d. called him a year later to see if he wanted to pick up his property. When my friend went to retrieve it sometime later it was NOT in a pretty condition...it still was covered in remains...lets leave it at that.

Of course it is in the same condition as it was found. Tragic situation for the family but why would you expect the gun to be sparkly clean when you pick it up from evidence?

I have a DW Pointman Major but it is not my EDC for no other reason than I don't want to F-it up. Don't let fear that your gun will be held in evidence have any affect on what you carry. Carry the weapon that best suits your needs. Worst case scenario, you need it, use it, the police take it, and you are still alive. $1,500 well spent.

Back
Top Bottom