• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone actually USE their weapon in civilian SD?

Of course it is in the same condition as it was found. Tragic situation for the family but why would you expect the gun to be sparkly clean when you pick it up from evidence?

Don't think he said they should have cleaned it BUT common sense would say wipe the brain matter off a weapon before returning it to a family member, kind of a "no-brainer" in the common sense department I would think. Takes maybe two minutes to do in a sink I would guess......

Don't think he said they should have cleaned it BUT common sense would say wipe the brain matter off a weapon before returning it to a family member, kind of a "no-brainer" in the common sense department I would think. Takes maybe two minutes to do in a sink I would guess......

Common what?

I guess there are two reasons. First, they are not in the habit of tampering with evidence and second, they are government employees not overly enthusiastic about extra work.

Tampering with evidence Dave? Please. Remember those two words "common sense". lol While I am no LEO I have picked up a returned firearm and had a wife responsible for returning evidence to innocent parties many times, "tampering", nope.

I guess they should wash the clothes he was wearing before returning them too. I have seen police trade in guns and many officers don't even clean their service weapons. What makes you think they are going to clean your's?

I guess they should wash the clothes he was wearing before returning them too. I have seen police trade in guns and many officers don't even clean their service weapons. What makes you think they are going to clean your's?

Big difference Dave in cleaning a weapon and removing brain matter before returning it to a family member.
Again "common sense"........ I will leave it at that, I'm sure you will have some snappy reply :) It's been done before, many times out of consideration to a family member.

C'mon man, if ur best friend offed himself with your gun would you wanna clean his skull fragments and brain goo off? Ida let the **** stay in evidence.

Big difference Dave in cleaning a weapon and removing brain matter before returning it to a family member.
Again "common sense"........

Government employee. Where does common sense fit in? Have you ever been around government employees? The plaque on the building should read "That ain't my job."

You want to know who is responsible for them having to pick up a gun covered in bits of brains? The selfish SOB to took his life ruining a great holiday for his family for the rest of their lives.

Why do they take your gun anyway? Seems redundant.

Anyway, just woke up from a dream where a crazy old lady was shooting at people and all I had was a revolver with a bent barrel. Does that count?

Back
Top Bottom