• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone actually USE their weapon in civilian SD?

Do what you want but here's my input. You need to be able to replace your duty gun in the drop of a hat. In the event your Edc goes bye bye you need something you can pick up and not worry about retraining. Also, remember an Edc isn't a safe queen. If you're afraid for it to get rained on or you take it to the range in a velvet case, or are fearful of putting it in a class, buy a glock.
Pm member nwsharpshooter and ask him why he carries a glock over the 1911. While I don't put a price on my families life, I also don't wanna drop 1500 on something I'm gonna put through the ringer. I carry when doing yard work, honey do'a, building **** at home, I've crawled under cars and dragged the slide on the pavement, been caught in storms, did a class n dropped my gun in the dirt to change shooting positions, etc, and my only concern is is my ammo still good?
I'm not knocking your dan Wesson in any way shape or form, but if the price tag bothers you, it may beat be suited as a nightstand or range gun.
Honestly, while I myself have reccomended glock, why not pick up a sr1911, springfield 1911 or other reliable but less costly 1911 for you to beat the hell out of?

I'm not knocking your dan Wesson in any way shape or form, but if the price tag bothers you, it may beat be suited as a nightstand or range gun.
Honestly, while I myself have reccomended glock, why not pick up a sr1911, springfield 1911 or other reliable but less costly 1911 for you to beat the hell out of?

Actually, I have been. I've been giving the SR1911 CMD a hard look...until the CZ 97B caught my eye. Now it's a matter of finding one.

I had a stolen revolver recovered by Miami P. D. in the early 1990’s.
They told me once the trial for the felon was over, I would get it back. After about 8 years of calling them and going in person...I gave up on their B.S..

I also had a Glock 30 taken out of my oldest sons car in Apple Valley, MN. by their P.D....car was towed from a no-parking zone. Took me 5 months but I finally got it back.

Back
Top Bottom