• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone actually USE their weapon in civilian SD?

I pulled my snubnose .38 on a guy who tried to rob me about 20 years ago. I didn't have to fire, he backed off, but I was taking up the slack when he stood down. I was very young then, but I am convinced that the thug could see that I was both ready and willing to stop him. He was right, and I was glad he saw the obvious.

They did not even take my pistol until the very last moment . Odd thing is this is a gas station parking lot . I got this guy on a felony stop and folks are just walking by like it’s nothing. It was interesting .

I told the cop to be careful with my pistol as it’s expensive . They never searched me , patted me down or anything. I had another pistol on me . They never asked . The cops were professional / happy that nobody was hurt the scum went to jail. He’s still there now.
They took your pistol even though you never fired it? That's strange. I've been in this "used but not fired" situation before and after running the numbers to make sure the gun was clean, they just handed it right back.

They took your pistol even though you never fired it? That's strange. I've been in this "used but not fired" situation before and after running the numbers to make sure the gun was clean, they just handed it right back.
That is what they did. He ran it to make sure not stolen yada yada. He had it for all of about 11 minutes. He was gentle and I appreciate that and he gave it back.

That is what they did. He ran it to make sure not stolen yada yada. He had it for all of about 11 minutes. He was gentle and I appreciate that and he gave it back.

Why would they need to check your gun to make sure it wasn't stolen? I personally don't feel like they had any reason to touch your gun and i question whether or not they could actually do that without you willingly handing it over to them. The gun was not used in a crime nor was it evidence, i don't understand why they would need to see your gun. Im sure it easier to just go along with it and hand them the gun but things like that bother me. There could be a law that says you have to hand it over and let them run the serial number, i dont know, im just voicing my opinion and making sure this 5 year old thread keeps on keeping on.

Why would they need to check your gun to make sure it wasn't stolen? I personally don't feel like they had any reason to touch your gun and i question whether or not they could actually do that without you willingly handing it over to them. The gun was not used in a crime nor was it evidence, i don't understand why they would need to see your gun. Im sure it easier to just go along with it and hand them the gun but things like that bother me. There could be a law that says you have to hand it over and let them run the serial number, i dont know, im just voicing my opinion and making sure this 5 year old thread keeps on keeping on.
They are law enforcement. You are now involved in an event . That firearm is also involved in that event . Me using a stolen firearm would change the scenario a lot and they would then have to enforce the law by locking me up for possession of a stolen firearm .

I don’t see the big deal. It’s just a serial number . The ATF has plenty of those on me already. I was more concerned about his handling of it . Don’t drop my stuff.

Back
Top Bottom