• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone anywhere near Virginia needs to attend this......

This ^^^ The best thing us out-of-state folks can do is send them a donation. This kind of battle is expensive, and state groups are always underfunded.

None of these proposed bills are in effect, as you mention. However none have a timeframe to go into effect either, since none have been passed yet. They have been 'pre-filed' so the legislators have a chance to review them before the current session opens.

The assumption is that with Bloomberg hand-picking and funding all the Dem candidates that swept the last elections, the quid pro quo will be that all these gun control bills will be passed.

VA-CDL is holding their Lobby Day demonstration to try and remind these elected officials that a significant number of people are dead set against them.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the most far-reaching (and BTW, unconstitutional) bills were simply stalking horses. The Dems do this all the time.

Every year we see a new 'AWB' filed in Congress. During the Sandy Hook panic that was the threat they used to try and make 'universal background checks' sound like a moderate approach, when in reality it's what they were aiming for.

I honestly don't think that the Dems will even bother to vote on the confiscation bill, especially if Lobby Day goes well. Take a look at how the Dems pig piled on Beto when he openly admitted that he wanted to confiscate guns. They don;t want open confiscation because then it would all be out in the open.

instead, I believe they are hoping gun owners will fight the wrong battle.

They want us to spend all our political capital fighting a confiscation bill that was never going to pass, but let through a bunch of other bills that are actually worse in the long run because we don't have the money or the clout or the people to stop them all.

This has been their tactic over and over again at the federal level, and I don;t see why they would change the game plan this time around.
I think the shocking thing is how the people there thought it would never happen.

I think the shocking thing is how the people there thought it would never happen.
Precisely. Which is exactly what will happen here if not stopped. i think you are wrong on this. We need to have people there. i think we certainly need the most people to show up as possible before any bill is passed or debated.
The legislature needs to see who they are voting against.
You dont think the anti-gun crowd sits it out when there is nothing passed ? No, they pressure the legislature to vote/not vote by showing up in numbers and making noise.

I heard an interview with the head of the VA CDL, and he was talking about how gun owners had their heads in the sand, never thinking that they could swing that many Dems in one election, even though they saw the millions Bloomberg was pouring into the state.

For folks that say 'that can't happen here'... take note. Bloomberg proved that you can swing ANY state. The only question is how much money you have to spend.

Doesn’t work that way, Ga doesn’t share it’s WCL info anyway.
not one single Virginia law has changed yet. The new legislation only went into effect Jan1.
This whole thing is about what “might” happen with the democratic majority there now. Valid fears IMO, but definitely not an excuse not to go there and support.

If you are really afraid to go, then go to a convenience store and get a $25 money order and send it to the VA - CDL. Send it anonymously if you like.

This is total BULL****!!!!

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/vir...mergency-to-prevent-lawful-carry-at-2a-rally/

The House Committee on Rules will establish, by majority vote, a formal policy on the ability of members, staff, guests, and visitors to bring firearms into the those [sic] areas under the legal authority of the House of Delegates including, but not limited to, the Capitol, the House Chamber, and the Pocahontas Building. The Committee may amend the policy, which may or may not include a blanket prohibition, from time to time as appropriate. Copies of the approved policy and any changes or amendments thereof will be provided to every member, full and part-time employee, page, and intern of the Virginia House of Delegates and be posted for the members of the public.

HEY! You can't open carry here! This is a Second Amendment rally!!!

It's not about the Second Amendment or the US Constitution .... it's about CONTROL after all.....

All democrats have to offer is to take things from some and give stuff to select groups. They are not for equal rights for all, they’re about extra rights for some. I will never vote for a party that centers around taking away my rights and freedoms.

Back
Top Bottom