• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone build/rebuild decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My deck is in the same condition. I just hired a crew that's going to shore it up, move the stairs, and replace all the railings. They're going to start work on 4/6. A company located in Buford. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in their info.
I would be interested in their info.

Hey Spas-12 Owner Spas-12 Owner Give me a shout. From the pics you can probably get away with what we call a redeck and rail. Strip the deck down to the frame. Repair the frame. fix the band/joist separation that your pics are showing, rebuild the stairs from scratch and then install new decking and rails. Text me measurements and I will give you a price. I would need to see it in person to confirm the frame can be saved but its likely it can. 770-231-4997

General info for the ODT fam...

In 2004 the pressure treatment companies had to stop using a bunch of nasty chemicals. Unfortunately those chemicals worked. Modern pressure treated wood does not handle UV exposure like it did before. I don't even sell PT anymore because it starts to fail in as little as 7-10 years, even if maintained well. I rip decking and rails off 10 year old decks on a regular basis. That being said, the frames are protected from UV and can often handle a redeck. You do have to solve some problems and add some hangers, fasteners and a little blocking, but if the deck was built decently it can be reinforced, saving you some $$$

Hey Spas-12 Owner Spas-12 Owner Give me a shout. From the pics you can probably get away with what we call a redeck and rail. Strip the deck down to the frame. Repair the frame. fix the band/joist separation that your pics are showing, rebuild the stairs from scratch and then install new decking and rails. Text me measurements and I will give you a price. I would need to see it in person to confirm the frame can be saved but its likely it can. 770-231-4997

General info for the ODT fam...

In 2004 the pressure treatment companies had to stop using a bunch of nasty chemicals. Unfortunately those chemicals worked. Modern pressure treated wood does not handle UV exposure like it did before. I don't even sell PT anymore because it starts to fail in as little as 7-10 years, even if maintained well. I rip decking and rails off 10 year old decks on a regular basis. That being said, the frames are protected from UV and can often handle a redeck. You do have to solve some problems and add some hangers, fasteners and a little blocking, but if the deck was built decently it can be reinforced, saving you some $$$

I'll hit you up tomorrow around 10AM, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom