• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone carry rounds that can penetrate windshields?

Hahaha dude, I roll pretty heavy I'm always with an SBR, usually suppressed and got a plate Carrier with me. I never leave my NFA stuff unsecured but I won't go into detail on how I store it when I do dismount my vehicle, needless to say I love having a "long gun" within fighting distance. The scenario may seem far fetched but if I ever walked into something that was bigger than me I sure as F Can ranger peel outta there and fight back to my rifle
Agreed. As a civilian we will most likely never be involved an instance where a rifle is needed. But I'd rather be the one to escalate violence, and its pretty hard to bring a bigger gun to a gun fight than a rifle. I keep a PC and rifle with me at work as well as in my vehicle. Always fun to think I'm the most heavily armed guy on the road.

Agreed. As a civilian we will most likely never be involved an instance where a rifle is needed. But I'd rather be the one to escalate violence, and its pretty hard to bring a bigger gun to a gun fight than a rifle. I keep a PC and rifle with me at work as well as in my vehicle. Always fun to think I'm the most heavily armed guy on the road.
We should convoy together through cabbage town

View attachment 1200437
Regardless, first round is gonna have some serious shift after it hits the windshield. Normally a 2-3" shift upwards (depending on the angle of the windshield). It will punch through, but may not necessarily expand because of the protective layers the windshield is made up of. But it will still hurt really bad no matter what.
Can that thing up! I know you ain't rolling with peltors on :becky:

FMJ does just fine . . . . . .

cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com_hub_i_2015_07_02_918c20ab_2d61_4150_a5ed5679c80f055fe14fb03921bc00fd5a.jpg

I took a class where we got to shoot windshields at different angles along with hoods and doors

Very educational

I used 45acp and used mostly FMJ but also powerball and Corbon

All mine penetrated the windshields with little discernible deviation

However we had no idea what the penetration would be after the pass-through on anything but paper

Back
Top Bottom