• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone carry rounds that can penetrate windshields?

In the past, when testing rounds on auto windshields I usually tried to test them while they were still mounted in a vehicle. If I had donated windshields that were not mounted, I set them at a 30 degree angle.

Compound angles are also fun, as in standing on the passenger side of the vehicle and shooting across into the driver's side.

I've shot plenty of Speer Gold Dot 125grn .357SIG through car windows and doors......you don't need a specialized penetrator round. These performed perfectly. Also work great on commercial glass.
I bought a few boxes to test out, didn't have any safety glass to test on but used some cinder blocks to play with. The Speer Dots are duty issue rounds for you guys aren't they?

I've shot junked cars on a number of occasions.
Any serious defensive caliber above .380 acp will penetrate windshields with lethal velocity on the other side.

I don't know if they'll EXPAND after going thru auto glass, but that's not a big deal to me anyway. The HP bullet will at least be deformed and not easily slip through flesh like a round nose / FMJ would.

If you are using a 5.56 you really have to be selective. Of course the green tips will but not good for soft tissue damage. An all copper round is the ticket. Barnes TTSX all day.

Back
Top Bottom